Ch. 17 - Don't Catch A Fit

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Is Dom the Dom coming out to play?"

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 17 - Don't Catch A Fit

▪️J A D E▪️

Two months later, my screams echoed across the football field.

Our university had made it to the semi-finals of the nationwide playoffs and we were currently winning.

With a big smile on my face, I sat next to Blaire in the bleachers as we watched and cheered for our school's football team. Cristiano, as usual, was the star of the night, having thrown three touchdown passes.

"So, have you decided if you're going to break up with Cristiano yet?" Blaire asked a bit too loudly for my liking.

"Shh, keep your voice down!" I scolded.

Doing as she was told, she brought her mouth closer to my ear, so that her words would be heard clearer over the loud, joyful screams of the crowd.

"Well, have you?" Blaire questioned again before adding, "You guys have already crossed the six-month mark, the longer you wait the harder it will get."

Shaking my head, I replied, "No, I haven't decided yet and yes I know, I know! I'm just so torn about what to do. I mean, on the one hand, I really really like Cristiano and I do love him as a person, not to mention the friendship that we've built is pretty amazing."

"I can't deny that Cristiano is a pretty great friend, we make a pretty good trio," she said with a grin.

Pursing my lips, I continued, "On the other hand, I know that I'm already in love with Dominic but I don't want to jeopardize our friendship either, especially as things between us have been more or less back to normal lately."

"Well it's obvious that your feelings for Cristiano are more in the puppy-dog sphere kind of love. Whereas what you feel for Dominic is more like a big dog type of love, a more true and intense feeling!" Blaire gave me a wicked smile as she added, "I'd tell you what I would do, but I know that you already know that answer."

Chuckling softly, I shook my head, "No, Blaire. I cannot be with the both of them, I need to choose one."

"That's the thing though, Jade, you've already chosen. It's Dominic and always has been," my best friend stated plainly.

"Yea, but Dom told me it would be better for me to find someone else, and it seems like I did, but it's all so confusing..." I replied thoughtfully.

"First of all, Dominic was an ass for telling you that!" Blaire huffed slightly as she frowned and continued, "Because now you've gone and developed feelings for someone else, leaving you torn between two men! I get that you like Cristiano a lot and you want to remain loyal to him, but your mind and body clearly crave another more. I mean hello, you and Dominic were all but dry humping in the kitchen a few weeks ago!"

My cheeks flamed at the memory of that night.

I remember the way he grunted and narrowed his eyes at me when I told him that his heart was beating fast. You would have sworn that his reaction to me was some kind of torture.

As though acknowledging his attraction for me was some sort of gruelling, piercing feat.

Then again, given the type of man Dominic was, I suppose that it would be.

I mean, how fair was this shit? I had never had romantic feelings for anyone before. In fact, I was convinced that I was incapable of feeling such things. Then all of a sudden bam, out of nowhere I find myself attracted to not one but two amazing men.