Ch. 9 - Gift Of A Friend

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"University. Mafia.
The two systems aren't that different..."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 9 - Gift Of A Friend

▪️B L A I R E▪️

Ugh!

I was complaining to Jade about my last class, which unfortunately dealt with Old English. Being the sadist that she was, she would always get a good laugh at my discomfort.

This bitch! I still loved her though.

"It's not funny J! I mean, the course is titled 'Writing The Unreadable Past' I don't see why Professor Jameson is surprised that most of us are lost in her class, it's literally in the damn name, unreadable erm hello!" I groused loudly as we walked along the quadrangle.

Playfully bumping into my shoulder, Jade said, "Come on Blaire, for as much as some of your classes get to you, you know that you love Literature and couldn't see yourself studying anything else."

"True! At least we have each other for company, even if we aren't together as much as we were in high-school. I enjoy the days when our classes run on a similar schedule so that we can spend time together like this. I also enjoy having lunch with you, as well as being able to just hang out in-between lectures," I commented as we approached the doors to one of the main food courts on campus.

"Jade! Blaire! I saved you guys some seats!" Rosita called out to us as we entered.

Rosita was a gorgeous girl with long dark hair and lightly tanned skin whom we had met during freshman week in our first semester at university. From the first day she had arrived, she always hung around Jade and myself trying to push her way into our little group that we had formed.

Even though she had a lively personality and always had a bright smile on her face, there was just something about her that Jade had never really liked. I knew that Jade hated pushy people, but I felt like it was probably more due to the fact that according to her, Rosita and I had hit it off almost immediately.

I asked Jade to give Rosita a chance, especially as she had become a part of our group within a few days. It was inevitable, particularly since she had wormed her way into hanging out with us any chance she got, and everyone seemed to like her.

"Thanks, but I need some one-on-one time with my bestie today!" Jade shouted back while pushing me in the opposite direction towards our favourite pizza stall.

Laughing softly, I asked, "Why are you always so rude to her. It's been over a year, hasn't she proven that she's a good friend by now?"

"Nope! She's an acquaintance, not a friend! I don't know why the rest of you can't see how fake she is! Rosita only hangs out with us because we're popular, she doesn't give a shit about us. Not to mention she's always inviting people to sit with us without even vetting them first!" Jade replied as we paid for our food then found a table to the far side of the room.

"Yea, that's that gangster mentality for sure! This is university, Jade, not a mafia," I remarked while unboxing my pizza as I sat next to her.

Pineapple and ham! Yum!

Jade wrinkled her nose at my pizza choice, but knew better than to start another argument. Instead, she muttered, "University. Mafia. The two systems aren't that different..."

I shook my head at her response, she would be a badass mafia boss indeed!

"Speaking of the mafia, I can't believe that Dominic still hasn't spoken to you since your birthday! Like it's almost been a month! What a complete dick!" I exclaimed before excitedly biting into the gooey pizza slice.