Ch. 27 - The Gods Of Nasty

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"What can I say boss,
what Jade wants, Jade gets..."

- Vincent
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 27 - The Gods Of Nasty

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

Tonight, was the night of Jade's twenty-first birthday party.

When she had turned thirteen, we had started the tradition of throwing her a party that began the night before and went on to celebrate her birthday as soon as the clock struck 12am. As per her request, we had started throwing her parties at clubs five years ago.

Unfortunately, things had not gone as well as planned for her nineteenth birthday. Last year, however, her party went off without a hitch and Jade had enjoyed herself immensely, which I was grateful for. I hated seeing her sad. If there was one day out of the entire year on which she should be happy, it should be her birthday. I believed that the day that a person was born was one of the most important days ever, and them being alive should be celebrated.

This year though, since she was turning twenty-one, I had decided to organise an even more lavish celebration. I had recently opened a new club, one of the biggest the city had ever seen. It was five storeys tall, with elegant balconies that looked down onto the first floor which had the largest dance-floor in the entire building.

The subsequent levels had their own smaller dancing areas, as well as their own bars and on the third and fourth floors there were also a few privacy booths.

The fourth floor featured a detached, slightly elevated area that was called the purple room. It was separated by impenetrable glass walls that used thick dark curtains to conceal whatever was going on within.

Then there was the hidden fifth floor, which encompassed an office area that was concealed behind tinted glass and that oversaw everything.

I had kept the entire third and fourth floor reserved for Jade's birthday party tonight.

At the moment, I was currently sitting in my office downstairs, waiting until Jade got dressed. Using my body, I idly swung my chair about while looking out the window. As I patiently waited on the birthday girl, my mobile phone rang.

Looking down at the number, I wondered what Commissioner Thomas Edgehill was calling me for tonight.

"Yes?" I brusquely answered the phone.

"Sorry to bother you, Mr. Calvetti, but there's been two more deaths in regards to the Cartel's cocaine," Thomas said, his tone slightly shaky.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I replied, "I've dealt with the source of the problem, but I'm afraid that whatever was already bought and distributed is still lingering out in the streets. I can only hope that there won't be any more bodies in the coming weeks while the last of it runs out."

"I hope so, there's been too many deaths where their drugs are concerned. I just thought I would keep you posted and confirm if you managed to deliver what you said you would," the Commissioner's voice already sounding more relaxed, knowing that the problem had been dealt with.

"Heh!" I chuckled, "When have I not delivered?"

"Forgive me for having doubts, it's just that the Sonora Cartel are known to be ruthless, so I've set up a special task force to keep an extra special eye on the borders as well as the coast," Thomas informed me.

Getting up, I walked to the window, switching the phone to the other ear, "Don't worry, Commissioner, everything is fine. If García tries to bring his drugs back, I will be ready and waiting. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a party to attend. Will I be seeing you there later?"