Ch. 28 - Birthday Demands

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You are every shade of pain, my love..."

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 28 - Birthday Demands

▪️J A D E▪️

I stood in front of the large mirror in my bedroom, admiring my reflection.

My long purple hair had been swept to one side, the ends flowing in lightly curled waves. As usual, I only wore light make-up, with the emphasis placed on my eyes.

The dark purple sleeveless dress featured wide shoulder straps, with a mock neck design made to look like a collar. The design incorporated a bustier bodice and rear-vented slit. Rendered in a luxe bandage knit and silhouetted in a midi length, the overall shape and bodycon fit of the dress made it a fierce piece that hugged my body perfectly.

There was a light knock on my door before Quintin's voice was heard, "Wow Jade, you look stunning."

Smiling, I turned around to face him, "Thank you."

"I just came to give you a kiss before I head down with Vincent and the others, and I also wanted to give you your birthday present," he said as he approached me.

"You didn't have to," I said humbly.

Scoffing he replied, "Says the girl who always goes overboard when buying gifts for everyone!"

Pulling out a jewellery box, I watched silently as he took out the yellow gold charm bracelet and gently put it on my right wrist, fascinated by the way the light reflected off of it.

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed as I hugged him tightly before examining the trinket.

There was one dangling yellow gold charm with small diamonds around the top. It had two miniature hearts, one with crushed purple stones and the other had the letters 'BFF' written in cursive.

"I'm glad you like it; I'll see you later!" Quintin kissed my forehead and began to walk out of the room. Standing by the door, he paused and did with a wolf howl, "Oh by the way, your breasts look huge in that dress, like wow that cleavage!"

Remembering our patriarchy conversation just a few days ago, I laughed knowing that he was purposefully teasing me. Shaking my head, I showed him a middle finger as he left.

Looking back at the mirror, I put on some simple diamond studs and grabbed my clutch with my mobile phone in it and headed to the eastern entrance where Dominic said he would be waiting for me.

Just thinking about seeing him caused my heart to race as my excitement rose with each passing second.

"Relax, J, you got this," I softly coached myself.

As I made my way outside onto the cobblestone courtyard, my breath caught in my throat as I saw Dominic leaning against his matte purple and black Bugatti. He wore a dark purple three-piece suit with a matching tie and shirt that were a shade darker, almost black.

I could not help but smile as I noticed that the colour of his suit was identical to that of my dress. Obviously, I knew that this was not a coincidence, and the fact that he had gone out of his way to match with me caused my heart to melt at the gesture.

The sound of my heels alerted Dominic of my approach.

Each step brought me closer to him, and from the way his eyes trailed over my body, I knew that he was itching to touch me just as I was itching to touch him.