ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14

a / n : who's ready for a filler chapter ?? let's do this.

{ past / present annabeth }

Annabeth sighed.

Never before in her life had she been so all over the place.

The shock of having her eighteen year old self just a few feet away was so strange. What was even more mind boggling was how she was asleep.

Right next to Future Percy.

They were in the Big House, assigned the job of figuring out where they might be able to find the god, Moros.

Annabeth had finished her own job, which had been assisting the Aphrodite kids with charm speak while they chased away the Eidolons. She'd come to see her future selve's progress, and walked in on this.

The Future demigods were very close. Future Percy's arm was draped across Future Annabeth's shoulders, and his head rested on hers––which was laying on his chest. An opened, forgotten laptop sat on Future Annabeth's lap. They were both breathing deeply, completely comfortable in each other's presence.

Annabeth knew they'd been working tirelessly that day to get rid of the Eidolons, and then think of every possible way to find the source of their trouble. So, yeah, it made sense that they had fallen asleep.

But in each other's arms?

Annabeth had been staring from around a corner for the past couple minutes, just so confused.

It just proved how many more years and hardships she had ahead of her.

“What are we looking at?” Percy asked, stalking up behind her.

Annabeth jolted and cursed at herself. “Oh, it's––”

But Percy had already peeked his head around the wall. “Oh.”

She looked at her feet as he observed the scene in front of them.

“Well,” Percy said, “We think the Eidolons are mostly gone. But I wouldn't be surprised if we had a few more incidents.”

Annabeth couldn't believe it. He wasn't even addressing it.

Boys.

“Right, that's great. Did you get––”

Percy held up a ballpoint pen. “Way ahead of you. Chiron let me have it surprisingly easily. But he asked I give it back as soon as we finish.”

Annabeth nodded. “And Grover...?”

“Oh,” Percy laughed. “He wants to talk to us at the mess hall. Er, all of us.”

Annabeth looked at the two sleeping figures again and cringed. “Do we have to wake them up?”

Percy sighed. “Do you think they made any progress?”

Annabeth shrugged. “I really want to think so...but what do we have to go on? I mean, Future Me said she's never met Moros, and I sure don't have a clue.”

Percy ran a hand through his black hair. “It won't hurt to ask them.”

“Shouldn't we let them sleep?”

Percy gave her a look. “Annabeth. Stop stalling. It's just us. No matter how...weird they're acting.”

Annabeth put her hands on her hips, ready to retort.

But a groggy voice coming from the couch in the other room stopped her.

“Annabeth.”

Percy and Annabeth froze, not daring to look around the corner. That would make for an extremely awkward situation.

“Wise Girl, wake up,” Future Percy whispered.

Shuffling.

“Hmm?”

“Well, she's alive.”

Annabeth heard a dull thumping.

“Whoa,” Future Percy said. “You didn't have to punch me.”

Future Annabeth laughed quietly.

“As I was trying to say,” Future Percy said, “I'm pretty sure we missed the campfire.”

“So?”

Future Percy scoffed. “You clearly need to wake up a little more, this is not my Annabeth.”

Future Annabeth took a deep breath. “Okay, I'm up. So, we missed the campfire. We'll just go find them and tell them.”

Annabeth risked a quick look around the wall. She sucked in a breath.

Future Percy was standing, reaching down for Future Annabeth to help her up.

Annabeth grabbed Percy's hand and tilted her head frantically towards the door.

Percy was about to take a step when Future Percy spoke again.

“Nah, there's no need. They're right over there.”

Annabeth closed her eyes and winced.

Percy gave her a goofy smile when she opened them again. He slipped around the corner, detaching their hands.

“What did you need to tell us?”

Annabeth could practically hear his smile. Apparently this was only embarrassing to her.

She followed him, and they stood in front of the now both upright future demigods. Annabeth felt like a little kid standing there.

She wondered how Percy must feel. He was even shorter than her.

Future Annabeth was tying her hair in a ponytail. “We think we know where to find the trouble. I hope you guys are ready for a quest.” She squinted. “You're first quest, actually.”

Future Percy smiled. “This'll be fun.”

Annabeth was curious. “How many quests have you two been on?”

They shared a look. “Oh boy, was I supposed to keep track?” Future Percy asked.

Annabeth leaned back. “So either it's been a lot, or Percy can't count.”

“Hey!” Percy whined.

Future Percy shrugged. “I'm usually more focused on memorizing the stupid prophecies when I'm saving the world, not what number quest it is.”

Future Annabeth laughed. “I don't keep track either. It feels like a ton, though.”

“Where are we going?” Percy asked.

“You ever been to the Olympus?”

a / n : soooo i'm extremely sorry for making you wait since last decade !

you guys knew that was coming. i had to do it somewhere.

anyways, it took me forever to update bc i started a new fanfic ! ( and not because of procrastination. pfft. )

here's the link. be surprised.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/210660839-%F0%9D%98%A7%F0%9D%98%AA%F0%9D%98%AF%F0%9D%98%A5%F0%9D%98%AA%F0%9D%98%AF%F0%9D%98%A8-%F0%9D%98%A2-%F0%9D%98%A9%F0%9D%98%B0%F0%9D%98%AE%F0%9D%98%A6

thanks for reading guys, i really do appreciate everything <3

peace out in demigodishness and all that,

~ grace 💙🍪💙🍪💙🍪💙