Once again

"One summer as we were by the sun
Unable to take the shade from the sunlight
We just stood by each other"
-Once again by NCT 127

🖤💚🖤🔗🖤💚🖤🔗🖤🔗🖤💚🖤🔗🖤💚

The tears had stopped, or more like ran out. After an hour of sobbing, I had finally burnt through the little energy that I had. I couldn't even muster up the energy to think about how I was still alive after having come so close to my demise. Wondering about the meaning behind Jaehyun's sudden exit would only lead to a spark of hope that would surely end up in more despair than before. I had already come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't survive Jaehyun's wrath. Considering any possibility that I still had a chance was only being cruel to myself. All that was left to do was stare at the walls and wait for everything to finally end.

This is where my mind was at. I had given up completely, so when I heard the door to the basement open, I couldn't bother to look towards it to see who I thought was surely here to put a bullet in my head.

That was until I heard a voice.

"Hey there, sweetheart." I recognized the voice as being the source of the voice.

Sweetheart? What does he think he's trying to do? Comfort me? If he was sent down here to finish me off, then why couldn't he just get it over with?

My eyes didn't waver from where they were currently fixed on the wall.

"We brought you something," Johnny continued.

Finding myself intrigued by the mention of "we,"I turned my head to face the two men. I found myself almost excited to see Winwin coming towards me, Johnny walking beside him.

The two men were carrying bundles of blankets along with other things that I couldn't make out due to my swollen eyes.

Oh God. They're going to wrap the blankets over my dead body, aren't they?

"How are you holding up?" Winwin asked.

Despite my preference of Winwin over the others, I still recognized that Winwin was still a part of NCT, the group that had put me into this sorry state in the first place, so I stayed silent.

"Sorry. That was stupid question, wasn't it?" Winwin commented.

He turned to Johnny and grabbed something from him. It was a water bottle similar to the one that Yuta had earlier.

Winwin brought the bottle to my lips and tilted it slowly, allowing me to take sips at my own pace.

"That's it. ***** and slowly. Good." Winwin cooed in his thick accent.

Despite my exhausted state of mind, I could tell that they weren't planning on killing me. I mean, why would they put in the effort to make sure that I was a well hydrated corpse? Yet for some reason, I wondered if the delayment of my death was something to be relieved about or if it would be easier to get it over with already.

"Okay so here's what we're going to do. We're going to get you out of these chains and into some new clothes. Then we are ******. Understand?"

I simply glanced at Johnny insinuating that I needed a translator. Johnny quickly got the hint.

"We're going to unbind you, give you new clothes, check your vitals, treat your wounds, and ask a few more questions, okay?"

I nodded slowly. I didn't know what any of this meant, but my mind was too far gone to fully dissect the meaning of their words.

Was there actually a chance that I would get out of here alive?

I kept still as Johnny and Winwin proceeded to free me from my binds. When they finished, I remained seated, not wanting to anger them by moving without them directly instructing me to.

They stared at me for a brief moment before Winwin asked if I needed help getting up.

I slowly made an attempt to stand up only to wobble briefly before stumbling into Johnny's arms.

Normally, I imagine that I would had started blushing madly from the hold that Johnny had on me, but I was unable to care about how close our faces were. I was too dizzy to feel flustered. Black dots filled my vision.

He slowly lowered me onto the ground and the black dots dissipated, yet I was still in too much of an exhaustive state to take notice of what was going on.

Winwin mouthed words to me, but I was unable to decipher them.

After realizing that I was not going to answer, Winwin started to undress me.

I couldn't fight back, not that it mattered. It wasn't like I thought he was trying to take advantage of me.

Once I was dressed in a pair of velvety soft pajama pants and a new oversized sweater, this one neon green, Winwin returned the water bottle to my mouth.

"You must need the restroom." Winwin commented.

I hadn't noticed since my mind had been preoccupied with so much these last 36 hours, but my bladder felt like it was about to burst despite my extremely limited water intake.

"There is a bathroom in the corner, but I don't think that you'll be able to manage going on your own," Winwin could see the panic in my eyes from his words.

"Would you like me or Johnny to help you?"

Remembering that Both of the men had already seen me close to naked, I quickly gave in.

"You, please," I mustered out.

Winwin's expression remained unchanged as he hoisted me up to my feet, supporting me as we walked towards the small powder room.

Winwin helped me to sit on the toilet, immediately turning to look away. After peeing for what felt like five minutes, Winwin supported me as I washed my hands and guided me back towards Johnny.

Winwin pulled out his first aid kit and started tending to my wounds from the previous day along with whatever new ones he found. Johnny simply watched as Winwin checked my vitals. Neither of them said more than a few words at a time. Most of their chatter consisted of Winwin explaining what he was doing and reporting my vitals to Johnny.

Once Winwin started packing up his first aid kit, Johnny went over to where he had placed the stuff they had brought in with them.

"Hungry?" Johnny inquired as he handed me a sandwich wrapped in Saran wrap.

I was starving.

As I unwrapped the sandwich, Johnny wrapped a blanket around my shoulders.

I was so desperate for food that I didn't realize that the sandwich was turkey until I had already scarfed half of it down.

Johnny promptly offered me another sandwich, which I accepted without thought.

They both watched as I inhaled the second sandwich at the same speed as I had done with the first. I must have looked like a starved animal enjoying its first taste of food after a long winter of hibernation.

Johnny leaned down so that he was sitting almost directly in front of me, still allowing Winwin enough space on the floor so that he could also sit down to face me.

"Okay, now I know that you've been through a lot," Johnny started.

"But ************** a little more from you," Winwin interjected.

"You can take as much time as you need. We know that your body is under a lot of stress right now, but we need you to tell us the truth. The whole truth."

"Your only hope of making things better for you is ******* much detail as you can. Lying will only ******** more pain than you've already experienced."

"The boss thinks that we.... might have jumped to conclusions about your relationship with Lucas, which is way we need you to clear up a few things. Do you understand?"

Your eyes switched between the two men as each of them continued each other's explanations.

You nodded in response.

"Good!" Johnny exclaimed as he took a black box out of his pocket. He pressed a button on the device revealing to you that it was an old fashion tape recorder.

"Let's start with the first time you met Lucas," Johnny instructed.