xiii ☆ i think i fucked up

🌱

🌱

"Suki, can you get that?" Monica asks her daughter from the kitchen.

Suki gets up from the couch and makes her way to the front door before opening it. Rue stands in front of her with an awkward smile.

"Hey..." Rue greets her, stuffing her hands into her pockets.

"Wassup?" Suki asks her.

"Can we talk?" Suki nods and steps outside, closing the door behind her. They both sit on the porch swing in silence until Rue speaks up, "I wanted to thank you for helping me with Gia. I know I've been a dick lately, but I'm tryna get better. I'm actually clean," Rue chuckles sadly.

"Deadass?" Suki asks and Rue nods, "That's really good, I'm glad you're puttin' in the effort to better yourself," Suki pulls her in for a hug.

"I was wondering if you were going to the Halloween party tonight."

Suki shrugs, "I dunno. I mean Fez is goin' down to frat houses since there's gonna be more people and more people means more sales."

"You don't have to go with him, though," Rue nudges her arm, "c'mon...we'll be two sober buddies watching everyone else get fucked up."

Suki laughs, "I mean, I guess I can get down with that."

"Aight, we'll come pick you up at ten."

"We?" Suki asks confused.

"Me, Jules, and Kat, then we're picking up Lexi and Cassie."

"Oh, aight, bet," Suki nods and Rue waves at her before riding away in her bike.

After being picked up by the girls a few hours later, they stand in front of Lexi's front door waiting for it to open and when it does, Jules, Kat, and Rue stand there speechless, but Suki busts out laughing, "Oh my god!"

"I'm Bob Ross," Lexi says with a smile, "the painter from CBS?" The rest of the girls start laughing.

"Hey, creepy!" Someone says from inside, "The whole point of halloween is to look attractive."

"No, it's not," Lexi answers as the four girls make their way inside her house. Suki could tell that the person speaking must've been Lexi's mom.

"Oh really? You do me a favor and you count how many girlfriends of yours are dressed up like fifty year old men, report back to me," Her mom says snottily while eating her popcorn and switching her attention between Lexi and the tv.