xxxvi

song(s) for this chapter: flaws and all X beyoncé

"Hi my handsome man," Nadira cooed, after getting Omari dressed

"Hi my handsome man," Nadira cooed, after getting Omari dressed. Rayne and Xavier were bringing Cianna over so they could formally introduce the two. Although they knew it would be highly uneventful, it would be cute.

Omari had just turned two weeks old and obsessed was an understatement. Nadira could not get enough of her son, no one could. He was extremely loved and he didn't even know it.

Nadira's experience at the hospital was nothing short of traumatic for her. She honestly didn't remember much after Omari was born outside of Gionni yelling and asking what was wrong with her. When she came to and her doctor told her what happened, she was horrified. The thought that she could have died after having her baby kept her up at night for about a week straight. She and Gionni both were scarred from it in different ways.

They talked about it together once they were able to take Omari home. He explained to her what he saw, and how he basically watched her losing her grip on life slowly. He told her how scared he was and how he almost had an anxiety attacks, but Omari grounded him. He knew he had to be calm for him. For both of his kids actually, because even after she was stabilized, he was still teetering on the edge of an anxiety attack but Nayeli was with him.

They kept Nadira overnight, just to make sure everything was squared away with her health and once she was okay to leave, they were able to bring him home. It'd been two weeks since then and getting used to life with a newborn was a learning experience for her.

Gionni, the second time father, was a little more used to it but every child was different and Omari was completely different from Nayeli as a newborn. Nayeli was very smiley and happy, extremely social with everyone and loved to be held by anyone.

So far, Omari was mean as hell. He only smiled at his parents or his sister. Everyone else got a mean mug or a side eye from him. He made progress, he fell asleep in his God mother's, Lourdes'arms yesterday, and he held his Godfather's finger the day before that.

"You wanna smile for me big boy? Huh? Give mama a smile baby," she cooed, tickling his side, making him crack a side smile, showing off his chubby cheeks. He had on a matching chain and bracelet set that his Papa Giovanni bought him. Nadira loved it and put it on him all the time.