xxxvii

"You ready, mama?" Gionni poked his head in their door, Omari looking around in his arms

"You ready, mama?" Gionni poked his head in their door, Omari looking around in his arms. Today, Nadira finally was having her grand opening for her daycare/early development center. It took longer than expected because she had the ballet studio done across the whole basement of the facility.

She knew it would take time to balance it all but she wanted to pursue all of her dreams at once. Gionni was in full support of his wife doing what she wanted. Whatever would make her happy, he wanted for her. That's why he put absolutely no money towards this project. He knew she wanted to pay for everything and have all the work done herself, so he held back and let her take control of it all.

"I am," she grinned, smoothing out her dress. "Hi thugga," she cooed, reaching for a four month old Omari, making Gionni laugh. Vinny came up with the nickname a few weeks back.

*

"Hi thugga thugga," Saija cooed, picking her Godson out of his crib. Gionni shook his head with a laugh. Vinny called him thugga because he wouldn't smile at them and it just seemed to stick.

"TT missed you, papa," she spoke to him as she descended the staircase to the living room where Vincent played with Nayeli.

"You just saw him, Saija," Vinny shook his head.

"Don't be jealous because I love him more than you," she joked, making Nadira laugh. She was happy she chose these two and Lourdes as his God parents. They were so loving toward him and came to see him so often in the three short weeks of his life.

"Too bad he loves me more than you. You really hate to see it," he shook his head, reaching for Omari, who went to him willingly. "Wassup thugga? You still ain't smiling huh fat man?" he spoke, getting comfortable with him.

Everyone loved Omari, they couldn't wait to see him grow into his features and into his personality even more, and see his relationship with his big sister, who already adored him, grow.

"He loves me most, Uncle Vinny, don't forget, you're like right after me," Nayeli said matter of factly, causing everyone to laugh at him.

*

"Y'all and this damn nickname," he spoke, looking in the mirror and straightening his tie. It was a grand opening event for her friends and family to see the center and the studio, and it was black tie because Nadira was very extra.