Chapter 18: Dinner

Taylor's POV

I'm helping my parents set up the dinner table as I hear someone ringing the house bell.

I stop what I am doing and head to the door. Liam is standing in front of the door in his casual clothing with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

I smile at him. "Hi!"

He flashes me a smile. "Hey! Aren't you going to invite me in?"

I shake my head at myself, feeling stupid for not inviting him in.  I gesture for him to come in.

"Sorry, should have done that first before greeting you."

He walks in and I close the door behind him. "My parents are in the kitchen preparing dinner."

He nods. "Okay."

"I'll show you to the living room. What would you like to drink?" I ask as I lead him in.

"I'll just have some water, please."

I nod my head and make my way to the kitchen. Mom is preparing the lemongrass chicken while dad is making his famous lemon tea drink. I grab a glass and pour water in it as mom asks, "Is that water for Liam? Is he here already?"

I nod my head.

"Great. I am going to be done in 2 minutes. Sweetheart, tell Liam that we hope he's hungry as I have prepared his favorite dish. Ask your sisters to come down as well."

I nod, walking out of the kitchen. "Okay, sure."

I hand the glass of water to Liam. "Mom is hoping you're hungry as she prepared your favourite lemongrass chicken."

He smiles brightly. "Really! God, I miss that dish so much."

"That is good to hear. Mom will be happy when she hears that."

He smirks. "Maybe I should say that and give her this bouquet at the same time."

I laugh. "You are going to make mom's day by giving her those flowers.

Liam winks at me. "Of course that is how a real gentleman should treat a woman."

I smack his shoulder. "Don't make my dad jealous. Anyway, grab a seat at the dining table. I'll just call my sisters down to join us."

He laughs and stands up. "Okay, I won't."

With that, I walk away from him and make my way up the stairs to call my sisters down for dinner.

I head back down, my sisters right behind me when they see Liam and push past me to hug him.

Nora, my second sister, says, "Woah, it's been so long since I have seen you, kiddo."

Liam pulls apart. "I could say the same thing to you, Nora."

Angelina, my eldest sister, says, "You have grown so tall since the last time I've seen you."

Liam smirks. "I am so happy that I am finally taller than you."

All of us laugh and at that moment, my parents came in with dishes in each of their hands. "Dinner is ready; we hope all of you are hungry."

They place the dishes at the table and my mom immediately makes her way to Liam and hugs him. "Liam boy, have you been?"

Liam hugs her back and says, "I have been good doing well in both of my academic and curriculum."

"That is good to hear." Mom looks at him, smiling.

Liam grabs the bouquet of flowers from the table and passes it to mom saying, "This is for you, Mrs. Swift."