f i f t e e n

---

“Hermione, you do realize you look like a dead rat, right?” Ginny asked as she took a seat next to Hermione on the bed.

“What a nice thing to tell a friend.” Hermione said sarcastically without looking up, keeping her eyes glued to her book.

Ginny groaned and rolled her eyes with annoyance. “Oh, come off it! You still have four weeks to finish that book, it can wait. The conversation we’re about to have can’t wait.” She said as she grabbed the book out of her friends hand and tossed it behind her carelessly.

“How’s talking about me looking like a dead rat more important than an assignment!” Hermione yelled.

“Hermione, I’m talking about something else.”

Hermione groaned and crossed her arms across her chest. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Malfoy and you . . . how’s it going?” She asked as she wiggled her eyebrows at him.

“Good.”

“Are you serious? Good?” Ginny asked with bewilderment.

“Okay, great.”

“Oh come on! When you two are together, there’s so much sexual tension between you two it’s not even funny!”

“We do not have sexual tension between us!” Hermione protested with wide eyes.

“That’s what you two make together—sexual tension.” She explained and smirked. “You two shared a hot kiss two nights ago and you’re telling me nothing happened today?”

“All we did was talk and make fun of each other the last two days. Nothing exciting happened.”

“Damn …” She muttered under her breath and pouted. “I was so sure something would’ve happened. I mean, come on! You two kissed for goodness sakes!”

“I know but obviously, the kiss was nothing.”

“Is that what you feel?”

“What?”

“You think the kiss was nothing?”

“Yes.”

“Why?!”

“Because it didn’t mean anything. We were both just cold and wet and it was just the spur of the moment.” She lied to her friend and looked away as she cooled down a bit.

Ginny caught her slightly turning red and hid a smile. “How’s the bet going? The loser has to kiss the winner, am I correct?”