Emotions~

You were walking home from the grocery store late at night. You normally would go out since updating stories and designing book covers took most of your day. You are a self-publishing author who writes mystery romance stories. While you began writing romance, more people found mystery romances well...a mystery in the making. You had two series out and six books that didn't belong in a series.

While you finished up in the grocery store and walked out, a sharp breeze blew past. It was normally this cold during the night. You braced yourself and looked down a passing alley. There was a man in a royal blue t shirt and jeans. He seemed rather thin and he was shivering.

"I wouldn't go down there if I were you. That there is an AI robot. A malicious and evil thing." A passing man who swept the streets snapped. You shrugged your shoulders and walked to the ‘AI’. "I warned ye."

You walked up and bent down in front of the man. You took off the extra jacket you had on over your hoodie and wrapped it around him. You saw the horror flash across his eyes before he turned his head while looking at you.

"You seem cold. Why don't you come home with me?"You asked softly still sitting at eye level. He did not make eye contact with you. He seems standoffish. 

"I'm an AI. My body has to get to -30 degrees before I freeze." He said before shivering. "I'm at -15."

"Let's go back to my place. I don't care that you're an AI." You said as you heard him grumble. "What?"

"You will care later just like the rest throwing me out." He grumbled.

"Come on. Let's get you warm." You said before helping him up and making him walk with you. You held his hand the entire time till you got to your room not noticing AI was blushing. "What's your name?"

"Huh? Oh my name is Google." He said as you nodded your head.

"Did the last person give you that name or born that way?" You asked before unlocking the door and your back was facing him.

"I was born with that name." He growled.  "My last owner named me Mark."

"No need to get snippy. I was just asking a question." You said back before pulling him inside. "Now would you like to take a warm shower and I'll get you some other clothes. I can  drop them off outside the bathroom door."

"I guess." He said softly as you guided him to the bathroom. You left him in there while you went and found some old sweats. You opened the door and left them outside the shower for him to grab along with a towel before you went downstairs to fix some peppermint tea.

While you were fixing some tea, you heard a cough in the background. You turned around and Google was standing there in the sweats you gave him with his black hair tousled. He looked lost and still pissed.

"What's wrong?" You asked as he walked over to you and pinned you to the wall.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?! You come along all nice and happy with me and you think I should be happy that you saved me? Everyone else who has had me has thrown me out because I am a robot. Why did you come to me?" He growled before releasing you slowly. "Why..."

"You were sick. You needed help. I'm not going to leave someone cold in the alley. I was warned by the street sweeper and I still came down." You said as you rubbed where Google had pinned you. "Oww."