Another Place - 18.3

Rose POV

Why am I always the one to have to tell Anna and Jace to stop doing... whatever they are doing. I huffed as a shuffled down the hallway with Flynn followed behind me. He was serious for once, no easy smile on his face. We all knew what was about to go down. We had gone over it many times in the last few days.

I had gone over the plan earlier with Annabelle while we ate lunch in the kitchen. I was not shocked to hear she barely understood what was happening. However, she did know what to say and when to say it. That was the important part. Her innocent face and passionate love for those around her, especially Jace, would show through the camera and I even believed that may be enough, even if she forgot all her lines.

I reached Elizabeth's office and knocked on the door. Creeping it open I saw Jace sitting across from Annabelle's brother. Annabelle was standing by her brother. I smiled, "Umm, it's time guys... gear up."

Jace nodded, thanked me and took Annabelle's arm. He led her out of the room, leaving me standing in the doorway. Annabelle's brother walked up to me and held out his hand.

"Kyle," he said warmly, smiling at me. Shockingly my heart faltered. He was gorgeous and had a warm voice, smooth like honey.

I shook his hand shyly. "Rose".

I heard Flynn clear his throat behind me. I spun around to a very annoyed looking Vampire. I rolled my eyes at him, strutting off down the hallway. The nerve of that man.

I could hear Flynn and Kyle following me down the hallway, talking. I couldn't help but be annoyed with Flynn 99% of the time. He just knew exactly the buttons to push, even if he was doing it unintentionally.

I needed to clear my head of my frustrations quickly. We would have to work as a flawless team to pull off the initial takedown. We needed this plan to work.

Flynn would head into the station, under the guise of news from the king. I would be entering with him as... his pet. I would then communicate with Stanley once we were inside the control room. While the other 6 teams would clear the building for Annabelle's and Jace's entrance, Flynn would work on setting up the system from our side, while the team's back at the house would keep systems running. I would guard the door.

The escape plan was a little hazier. We would be using cloaking spells to confuse any extra guards that arrived and fighting our way out. The army at Elizabeth's disposal would be prepared in case things went wrong. However, we won't use them unless too many bodies started dropping.

Everyone was standing around, getting ready to be transported in the armies disguised van brigade. The drive would take an hour at most. It was the easiest way to get there without being suspicious. A powerful Witch could transport us, but it may alert other Witches in the area. Witches with reasons to tell Vampire guards.

Flynn stood behind me. He placed one hand on my shoulder. Despite my frustrations with him, I leaned into it. We would keep each other safe.

He was beginning to understand I was not like Annabelle. She is so... kind. So gentle and soft and even though I was bothered by these things, I also envied them. She chose the path less travelled. One of love and peace, even if those around her did not have the same values or make the same choices. I was different. I fought against anyone who fought me. I would not go down without a fight and I would work to keep him safe as much as he would work to keep me safe. I still remember parts of my pack life and it is how we were raised. We were a team and everyone had everyone's backs.

Elizabeth stood at the front of the room, preparing the groups. I was busy watching Annabelle. She had her eyes tightly squeezed and she and Kyle were holding each other's hands. Jace stood next to them, looking slightly queasy.