Chapter 32

Recap:

I wipe away the tears before turning on my heel and walking away. I don't look back as my hands slips from his grasp; I know won't be able to walk away if I turn and see his face. And I know neither would he.

"Rosa..." Lexi comes and finds me not long later. I'm sat in a bench amongst a bed of beautiful, vibrant flowers. Meanwhile, I, however, have never felt duller in my life. "I'm so sorry." She comes to sit next to me and brings me into her arms. The silent tears worsen as loud sobs rack my entire body. I can't control them as I feel my heart breaking. "It's ok. You're ok." She murmurs quietly, patting my head gently. I don't bother to argue; I don't have the new energy. Maybe she's right; maybe it will be ok. But all I know now is I can never see things being fine again. All I can feel is pain and heartache.

"Let's go home."

The Royal Wedding

It's the the 31st of August.

The last couple of weeks have been torture. This past week though I have been feeling a little better atleast. After Stefan left, Lexi brought me home and stayed until Em got home the next day. I was thankful for her company; and it would seem we both had plenty of juicy gossip to exchange. Our parents returned the day after. And I haven't done much of anything. I've eaten a little here and there and have left the house a handful of times - at either my mother or sister's command. But other than that, I've merely moped around my room. Lexi has tried to FaceTime me every day, to her credit, and I love her for it. She really has become such an intrinsic part of my life and, if nothing else, I am so thankful to have met her in England. Dylan has also checked in but seeing him and even just talking to him has been a painful reminder of what I can't have and where I'm away from - who I'm away from; so our conversations always seem to cut short. I feel bad, selfish even because I don't want to cut Dylan out of my life. But currently, in the now, it's just too painful...

But today, today all my hard work has come undone as I sit here unable to stop all thoughts of the man I love marrying another woman. A marriage that'll unite two countries and so can never be undone if relations between the two are hoped to be maintained.

The wedding is actually being filmed live so Lexi, Alex, their parents, Em, my parents and I are all gathered in our living room. It's a bit bit of squeeze but Alex and Em valiantly try to help by literally sitting in each other's laps - ever the heroes.

"It's the day we've all been waiting for... the day of the royal wedding!" I glare at the news presenter who's stood in-front of Westminster Abbey. I know this is probably the wedding of the decade or century or whatever in England but for obvious reasons I am failing to revel in joy and join the celebrations. The screen cuts to show the crowd gathered around the Abbey; barriers hold the crowds back and keep a pathway around and into the church free. Red carpets line the floor where the guests and the couple of the day will travel to enter the church.

"It's only 10am and the wedding is scheduled to start at 12." The screen returns to the presenter. "Yet, already, there's tens of thousands people here! Many of these people have been here for hours already; with some having arrived last night and camped out to ensure they have the best view." I let his voice drone out.

Looking down at my phone I see a text from Dylan. He's the best man today, ofcourse. Stefan and I haven't spoken since I said goodbye to him. He hasn't called, texted, nothing. He's completely disappeared from my life; and I keep telling myself that's what I wanted. That's what's best for me. But I can't stop missing him.

Watch out for the handsomest guy at the ceremony, I'll blow a kiss into the camera for you!

I can't help but smile at his message. Dylan is such a treasure isn't he...