Chapter 5: The Others

Agent 8's POV (Status: Clean)
"When was the last time I actually had good food?" I thought, while looking down on my bowl. "With my friends? No, we are acquaintances." Ever since the NSS broke up, we all became distant except for Agent 3, Agnet 4 and me.

Last I heard was that 3 had left to explore further out the world. He said his goodbyes to 4 and............

Flashback start

His cheery face smiled at me and then he nealt down to my height. We stared at each other. 1 second passed. 2 seconds passed. Then 3 and 4. When it reached the fifth, his lips were planted on my cheek.

My face burned up as he left. I wished I had said something but my lips would not move. My mouth was sealed shut by an invisible needle and thread.

Flashback end

But that is the past. Hopefully he is safe in whatever country he is in. I miss him. I heard the Sanitized guy knock on the table. I looked up to see:

*Yo, are you okay?
"Yeah I'm fine. Can we go out to get some supplies? I'm getting uncomfortable with my oversized shirt."
"Hahaha!" He laughed. It was more of a mixed gurgle rather than normal Inklish but I knew what he was saying.

"Harde har. Jokes aside, let's go." I said sarcastically. He wrote a bit on the notepad.
*Are you sure you'll be fine wearing that and facing the Sanitized?
"Yeah I'm fine."
*Alright, if you say so.
I grabbed my Splattershot and we left for downtown. Every Sanitized that attacked us turned back to puddles through my Splattershot.

???'s POV (Status: Sanitized)
Cod bless the souls of those Sanitized. We found 2 Splatsung Phone Galaxy X9, some fresh vegetables and better clothes. In a fitting room, the Octoling girl changed into a black jacket with a pink dress underneath. She also wore a necklace around her neck which I never noticed before. I got into a dark blue t-shirt and a light blue jacket with jeans.

As we scavenged for more food, we were ambushed by 15 Sanitized but all met their gruesome end at the hands of the Octoling.
"All right if we got nothing else we need then let's leave." She said. But soon we found another place to raid. The mall. Perfect. It was probably crawling with Sanitized.

But we went in to find backup supplies. I found a whole chicken, a sirloin and ribs while 10 more unlucky ink puddles lay on the floor. I shoved them in an ice bag before we were going to leave but then a shot rang out and I brought down the Octoling.

The shot of ink grazed my back and I hissed in pain. The shot was a path of orange ink. I grabbed the Octoling from her stunned state behind a wall as another shot burned my shoulder. I grabbed my arm and bit my lip to stop myself from screaming in pain.

A trickle of my ink flowed out of my mouth. The Octoling snapped out of her confusion. She screamed out,
"Don't shoot I'm clean!"

The shots stopped as she stepped out. I peeked out from behind the wall. It was an Orange Inkling and a similar looking but Blue Octoling girl. The orange Inkling held a Splat Charger as he walked towards the Octoling

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous with all the Sanitized." He said, while grabbing her arm. She swiped her arm away from him.
"You can come out now." She shouted.

I slowly stepped out of the wall's protection. 'What could she be thinking?' I thought.
"Another Sanitized? Step back, I'll deal with this." He said
She slapped the Charger out of his hands as I held my shoulder.

"He's calmer than the others can't you see?" She said. He glared at her and pushed her aside. She fell down and he reached for the Charger.

I slammed him into the wall with my other shoulder and he smack his head and was out cold. I turned back to the Octoling who tried her best. She must have broken her ankle when she fell cause she kept saying ow rapidly when she tried to stand. I gave her a hand and she took it. I helped sling her arm around me for support.

I turned back and the other Octoling was in a daze. I shifted my head in her direction for my 'friend' to explain. She understood and said,
"See, what did I tell you? Would he not be eating me by now?" And we left. We got home with no Sanitized surprisingly.

I helped her on her bed. Then, I took a first-aid kit and bandaged around her ankle. She slowly sat up and gave me a concerned look. I looked at myself and found the shot still bleeding and my ink stained my shirt due to the injuries on my back.

She grabbed the first-aid kit and opened it up on her lap.
"Take off your shirt." She said. I obeyed and took off my shirt. She took some Ink and she had collected from the other Sanitized. She washed it across my back and then she bandaged around my back and chest. She also bandaged my shoulder.

*Are you done yet?
No response. Suddenly, I felt her hand go over my back and I could feel scars spread across my back as her soft skin caressed against my back.

Silence held its place for a while........

Then she spoke up,
"I never knew how badly injured you were before this. What job did you take up, I wonder?" I shrugged. She sighed before telling me I could wear my shirt. I took a grey shirt with a Boomy picture on it.

Then, I took a break, lying down on my bed. My back stung a little. The sun was setting over the horizon. Under the dwindling light, my eyes felt a little heavy.

Maybe a break would be good........

How much did you enjoy this? Please vote if you feel that I should continue doing this story cause I feel it is getting in the way of my other books. I am sorry that I haven't been updating as much as I wish I could. This is Agent_I signing out.