Chapter 30 - Discovering The Truth

Niccolo's POV

I stood there in utter confusion. I was shocked to see my mother awake. She was awake and fully responsive. I was also shocked by the first words to leave her lips.

"Um... Do I know you?"

She kept her eyes on my father as I saw his breathing hitch in his throat from what he had just heard. This cannot be happening.

I watched as my father took a step back before turning away from her. He ran his hand through his hair while facing us. He looked lost, confused, unsure of what to do making me take a step towards him. I was planning on consoling him, maybe even try speaking to my mother but something caught my eye.

My mother was smiling. She had a wide grin upon her face while she stared at Dad's back. She began shaking her head before a giggle started emerging too. The instant Dad heard her giggle, he snapped around to look at her.

"You have little faith in me, Nicky." She said while crossing her arms.

My father was still, but not for long. I watched as he stalked over to her, grabbed her face in his hands and crashed his lips to hers. Her hands held onto his forearms as she deepened the kiss further. I could see the tears running down both their cheeks as they continued.

"You know what? I'll come back later." I notified them with my finger in the air.

"Yeah, I'm with Nico." My sister remarked instantly.

We both turned away from them, heading towards the door. I heard my mother moan before her angelic voice entered my ears. A voice I had missed hearing.

"Don't you dare. A month is way too long to be away from my babies."

Elena turned around and she instantly ran to Mamma. She hugged onto her tightly, while Mamma kissed the top of her head. Elena was crying in her arms and our mother hushed her softly. I took a few more steps inside, waiting to feel her again. Feel that this is real and not a dream.

Elena pulled back and stepped aside, allowing me a path to get to her. I then closed the space between me and the bed. She pulled me into her arms, kissing my cheek as she cried some more. It caused me to shed the tears threatening to fall as the realization hit me. She's ok. She's alive and she is going to be ok.

I pulled back and caressed her face, looking her over. More tears fell unknowingly from my eyes but she was quick to wipe them up. She cupped my face and forced me to look at her.

"You have nothing to make up for. You did nothing wrong." My breath got caught in my throat as I recognized the words leaving her lips.

"And now you best believe I'm holding onto your promise to give me grandbabies." She gave me a quick wink and grin.

"You heard me?" I pulled back slightly, holding her gaze.

"I did. I heard each and every one of you." She spoke with a sweetly placed smile.

I noticed her glance behind me but she sighed seeing nobody was there. I thought Sierra was still in the room. Just then, the rest of the family rushed in.

"Oh my God, Zia (Aunt)." Odette hastened to the other side of the bed, wrapping her arms around my mother's neck with tears gushing down her face.

"Oh, baby girl. There is no need to cry. You're not going to get rid of me that easily."

My mother pulled back and kissed Odette on the forehead before turning to everybody else. Each one gave her a quick hug before my father helped her sit up comfortably.