7. Nick

The next morning Jason hid in a corner until Conner finally left. It'd been after nine.

"What's wrong with you?" Karen shouted at the top of the stairs as soon as she heard the front door. "Conner waited for you and you clearly lurked around until he left," she accused him.

"I didn't feel like talking to him."

He turned his head towards her.

"Conner is as meddling as you are, but at least you know when to keep your mouth shut."

"Meddling, hm?", she said not the least bit offended.

She walked after him to the bedroom.

"Yes." He unbuttoned his shirt. "He has no respect for my privacy at all. He manipulates and blackmails me without remorse as long as he gets his way."

Karen raised her eyebrows.

"May I remind you that it was your own proposal to share your studio with him."

"That's going to work fine as soon as I can get through to that blunt head of his and make it clear that he shouldn't interfere with my business."

"Duly noted!", he suddenly heard behind him.

"I forgot my bag," Conner said.

He grabbed the bag from the ground, turned around and disappeared. The front door slammed audibly.

"Well isn't that great ," Karen said spryly. "Another problem solved."

Jason refused to feel guilty for telling the truth. He leaned towards Karen's way of thinking and considered the situation resolved. For now.

The furniture was delivered around 9:30. Julian and Marcus, the couple Jason had spent his night with, brought the art they had selected together. After openly flirting with the workmen who put everything together, Julian jumped up and down in Conner's bedroom.

"It's so exciting to be in a straight man's bedroom," he said exaggeratedly sprawled across the bed. "How do I look?", he asked Marcus defiantly, who observed him from the threshold.

"Like a naughty boy who has to learn his lesson as soon as we get home," he hummed with narrowing eyes.

Julian clearly veered up willingly and bit on his pouting lower lip.

"And if I can't wait that long?"

"You're going to have to wait," Jason interrupted. "Get out off here. He'll skin me alive when he finds out you were lying on his bed. Don't forget he's a Marine! He can probably kill me without leaving a trace."

"Yes yes," Julian waved his words away uncaringly." Please help with cleaning up," Jason asked and handed him a box. "This belongs in the bathroom."

Reluctantly he did what he was requested and put all the products, after smelling them and trying them, in the cabinet above the sink. On the bottem he found a toiletry bag.

"Score!" A refill pack with tranquilizers disappeared in his pocket. "Prescribed medications," he gloated.

None would be the wiser and Conner could get new ones without any problems.

"Are you coming?", he heard Marcus say. "Jason has pictures of Conner."

"Oh my," Julian cried breathlessly. "He's really eye candy."

The most recently taken by the pool provoked a shocked cry.

"Conner was shot during a mission. He got these scars from that."