chapter 3 goodbye

i was sitting in room listening to my mom about the arrangements of our engagement and my mind keep drifting to the threat of ashton.why is he not happy with our arrangement.is it that he thinks i am not beautiful or does he have some commitment issues.my brother once said that most of the men have commitment issues so may be he too have the same reason ughhh why men are so complicated my mom's questioning voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"......do you like this dress?" mom asked

looking at the screen,it is beautiful dress all straps in front and back its sleeveless but straps are covering my cleavage part, maroon color with beautiful design on its front and back over all it was beautiful and sexy dress. breathlessly i answered my mom in a wisper tone

"its beautiful" i was mesmerized by its beauty. but will it look beautiful on me? does i have that curves to fit such beautiful dress??

leaving all thoughts in back of my mind,i remember that its my last day of holiday....shit cursing i went for my reports to complete my pending office work...i work for an healthcare agency as secreatary of my boss jullie lindsay,she is really good boss with soft and understanding nature.....

after hectic 6 hours my work got completed and i was ready for tomorrows office day....phew now i can sleep my beauty sleep as little as it is.

ughh shut the f**k up i slammed my alarm on the opposite wall and went again for sleep but again i was disturbed from my sleep as someone was knocking at my door harshly.

i hate waking up when its so hard for me to fall asleep in the first place,taking a deep breath i got myself ready to scold and beat the living shit out of that person who is right now knocking at my door.

when i opened the door my brother was standing there with his smug look before he can say anything i punched him on his left arm

"ouch!! what was that for?" he asked rubbing his arm

"as if you don't know " i rolled my eyes

"yeah i know but don't you think if i would have not waken you up, you might be late for your office today?" he said again smirking

and the realization hit me hard shit today is my first day after weekend shit shit.

in less than 20 minutes i was ready,took my bath in 5 minutes, wore my pencil skirt and a red top with my hair up in a pony that all was done in another 15 minutes. taking my reports and keys of the car i went straight to my car the drive took 10 minutes . oh holy jesus i am 10 minutes late.cursing some more words unladylike i went straight to my cabin with my head down.

phew thank god my boss didn't saw me coming in this late....after completing my assigned work of todays i started my next weeks work too so that when i leave this company atleast they will have little time to choose a secretary.

when my work was done it was almost 8 usually my timing is 7. locking my drawer,i switched off the lights and then locking the door of my cabin i went straight to my boss office to ask for resignation letter.taking a deep breath i knocked on the door waiting for her reply.

"come in"her voice answered.

i opened the door and went inside she was sitting in front of the computer typing something when i didn't make any noise she looked up in my direction giving me a questioning look.

" is there anything you want ruhina? " she asked

"ahh ...gud evening boss...umm...i..aah"i stammered shit how should i ask her now. This marriage talk is awkward to say the least.

" is something wrong ruhina come sit here" she pointed at the chair with her hand.

" i want to resign"i said my voice was little breathless and high with my head down i found my fingers really interesting at that moment i waited for her reply but nothing came.slowly i crane my neck up to see shock and worried expression on her face

" is something wrong?did anyone said anything to you?are you not comfortable in this office?"she asked rushing.

"no no nothing is wrong...umm...aahh.." i stammered how should i explain?

" yes i am listening"she said encouragingly.

" i am...ahh...getting married in few days" i said. There was silence for sometime.

" so your would-be-husband don't want you to continue the job?" she asked raising her perfect thick eyebrow.

"no no he is not objecting..actually he is from seattle so i too have to shift with him" i explained

"and don't worry i have completed company's next week work too so that it will not be a burden on company" i rush out and explained her.she smiled her genuine smile

"thankyou....you have no idea how much it meant for me" she said her voice full of emotions.

seeing her emotional state, i too got emotional she was really close to me i am glad i worked here for 2 years.she selected me knowing full well that i am not experienced,she trusted me that make her even more close to me.

"ok then bye i will sure give my resignation letter tomorrow"i said

"yeah i will sign it after my meeting just keep it in my drawer"she said

"Wait" she called when i stood up from my chair and turned to leave.

"yes? do you need anything?"i asked.

" atleast give your boss a final goodbye hug" she wispered.i walked into her open arms taking her bear hug.

" you are really something" she said with a smile on her face.

after our emotional goodbye i left the office and i was home at 8:30. switching off my ignition i went inside and there were voices coming from my house....."who can be there at this late hour" i thought......