five

5|SURROUNDED

Asra waited impatiently on the Razor Crest, pacing back and forth while biting her nails. Finally she heard the door open and glared at the Mandalorian as he walked over to her.

"Nice armor." Asra mused sarcastically, subtly admiring his fresh new look.

"Let's go." He sighed, brushing past her to get to the control room. She followed after him, her thoughts instantly moving to the child. Was it still alive? Was it hurt?

"Mando?" She whispered as she watched him turn on the ship but hesitate as his hand hovered over the lever the child had been playing with, the ball fallen off. Mando played with the silver sphere between his fingers before screwing it back on. Her brows furrowed in confusion before a smile took over her face when he began to turn off the ship.

"Let's go." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her out the Razor Crest, Asra barely being able to keep up with his determined strides.

Asra followed him back to the large metal door, the bounty hunter was scoping out the area while she stayed back and kept look out. He disappeared causing her to worry immensely.

"Stay behind me." Mando gave her his blaster and knocked on the door, the mechanical eye jumping out again but this time he pulled it off. The pair ran around the side of the building, Mando setting up a small bomb against a wall.

"Wouldn't this draw more attention to us?" She whisper yelled, flushing red as he pulled her into his chest and pressed her up against the wall, protecting her from the dust and small rocks that flew around them.

"Its quicker this way." The two raced in, the Mandalorian shooting down anyone her saw a threat to himself or the healer. The building was dark but he easily led the way, entering a small room where the child lay still on a table.

"No, no, no, no. Please!" The doctor begged for his life when he saw the two enter. "Please don't hurt him. It's just a child."

"Mando." Asra placed her hand on his raised arm, lower his weapon while she gave him a pleading look. "He is trying to protect the child from you, he isn't evil."

"What did you do to it?" Mando pushed the man aside and looked over the monitored child. His weapon being raised again.

"I protected him. I protected him." The doctor cowered with fear, curling up in a ball in the corner of the room. "If it wasn't for me, he would already be dead!"

"He is telling the truth, let's just get the child and get out of here." Asra's heart broke as she watched the innocent cry with fear. "Let's go."

She grabbed the child while the Mandalorian moved silently through the dimly lit corridors. They encountered two more stormtroopers, Asra hiding her eyes as Mando burned one alive, she could here his skin boiling before he dropped down dead.

More entered the room, too many for them to take on. The bounty hunter grabbed her hand and pulled her closely behind him.

"Put your hands up! Drop your blaster!" One stormtrooper screamed at them.

"Wait, what we have is very valuable." Mando said calmly, holding his blaster loosely as he cround down, taking Asra with him. Suddenly small bright lights flew out his wrist causing Asra to bury her face on the child.

"Asra?" Mando mumbled, seeing her still hiding. He leaned closer and placed a hand on her cheek, lifting her face. "We need to leave before more come, it's not safe."

Asra nodded her head, fighting back her tears as she fearfully looked over all the dead bodies.

"Keep your eyes on me. Don't look anywhere but at me." She followed his instructions and shuffled out the room after him. It did not take long for them to navigate their way out but when they did Asra let out a deep sigh, hating what she just witnessed.

They casually walked through the streets, not speaking but a haunting beeping noise followed them close. People surrounded them, guns raised at Mando and herself. She held the child closer, not wanting it to get hurt.

"Welcome back, Mando!" She recognised the voice from the hologram, Greef Karga. "Now put the package down."

"Step aside. We are going to my ship." Mando's hand hovered over the blaster on his hip.

"You put the bounty down and perhaps I'll let you pass." Greef Karga chuckled.

"The kids coming with me."

"If you truly cared about the kid, then you'll put it on the speeder and we'll discuss terms. I'm sure you don't want me to put a blaster wound in your lady friends head." The Guild leader tried to negotiate but Asra could see Mando did not believe it.

"How do I know if I can trust you?" He questioned.

"Because I'm your only hope." The bounty hunter walked over to the speeder with Asra, looking down at her and the childs innocent face. He pushed them safely into the speeder and shot a few other guild members before jumping in beside her.

"What are we going to do? We are surrounded." Asra scanned the area, finding no escape route. They were completely surrounded.

"I'll keep you both safe." He promised before turning to the droid that drove the speeder. "Drive." When it ignored him, shaking its head he threatened to shoot it with hid blaster. "Drive!"

As they moved closer to the Razor Crest, Mando repeatedly shot anyone who aimed their gun at him, hitting them every time. Asra hated the noise, hiding under the boxes trying to keep the child safe. Someone shot the speeder causing it to stop. All hope of surviving was lost as red lights shot through the air above them.

"That's one impressive weapon." Greed Karga shouted from his hiding place as the Mandalorian incinerated people with his rifle.

"Here's what I'm going to do." Mando explained. "I'm going to walk to my ship with the kid and woman and you're gonna let it happen."

"No. How about this?" The cowardly man disagreed, scoffing at the Mandalorians plan. "We take the kid, and if you try to stop us, we kill you and strip your body for parts. We will keep her alive, I'm sure the higher ups would love her entertaining them."

The gun fire started up again, Mando shooting away anyone who got to close but there were too many. He looked back down at Asra and the child, both staring back at him with fear dancing in their eyes. The child cooed happily when he saw the pair, reaching up to play with Asra's hair.

"Who are they?" She asked, watching as more Mandalorians flew down from the sky, killing the guild members.

"Get out of here! We'll hold them off!" One landed beside them.

"You're going to have to relocate the covert." The bounty hunter warned him.

"This is the Way."

"This is the Way." He grabbed her hand again and pulled her up, sprinting away from the action and back to the ship. They were greeted by Greef Karga appearing behind them.

"Hold it, Mando." Mando turned around and pulled Asra behind him. "I didn't want it to come to this. But then you broke the Code."

The Mandalorian shot at the carbon freezer and mist filled the room. Asra darted behind a pillar and hid the childs face away from the cat and mouse chase. Mando shot Greef Karga, the force throwing him off the ship. The door closed and the Razor Crest flew away from the planet, the blonde sat in the co-pilot chair with the child still clutched to her chest.

"I gotta get one of those." He mumbled as a Mandalorian flew passed them.

"Really?" She laughed but the memories of the day soon turned her joy into sadness, her laugh morphing into loud sobbing.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." His voice strained as he apologised, the word seeming so foreign but his heart twitched as he heard her breakdown.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help."

"You looking after the child is all the help I need." She lifted her head to look at him, a warm feeling filling her as he gave the child the silver ball it was reaching for. 'What is this feeling?'