~Fourteen~

A moment is always all it ever takes

                                                           Yours Truly

                             ~Jade's POV~

On Saturday Morning, Zee cooked a new recipe she learned from an online course. She cooked Spag in a completely different way with green pepper, carrot, and everything you could add together to
make pasta. We were the only ones at home with mom. I met Zee at home when I got home from school on Friday. I don't even understand my sister anymore, she legit come home from school almost every weekend. Is she even learning like this?

'Wow. This delicacy is delicious oo. Very Very delicious.'

'Mom, you should know that your daughter has the Midas touch. Everything she touches turns to Gold.'

I rolled my eyes inwardly.

'it's the end that remains like this.'. Mom said

'What?' Husband ke? I'm still too young to be thinking about stuff like that.'

'You're not that young again.'

'Mom, I'm not going to think of marriage till I'm 26 so leave me alone.'

'Ohun Niki Niki?' Mom said, almost shouting. 'We're shipping you off to your husband's house when you are 23.'

I rolled my eyes again.

'At least hers is 26, I'm not going to think of marriage till I'm 30.'

'Oluwa o ni je. Ori mi ko, Aleda mi ko' Mom said, looking at me with mock disgust 'You're kuku not normal before.'

I laughed as I finished the last Spag on my plate.

'Well, the abnormal girl has to attend her tutorial hence she will fail her finals.'

I stood up and bade bye-bye to them not before overhearing Zee telling mom that

'Mom, don't mind her. There's a cute guy she's crushing on in her school.'

I groaned inwardly. Zee is obsessed with the cute guy. Speaking of the cute guy........ My phone rang, distorting my thoughts. I took it out of my backpack as I got into the car and Pa Kasumu drove out of the compound.

   'Hey Jade'

'Bestie mi, what's up?'

'I'm fine. Are you on your way to the tutorial already?'

'Yes. What about you?'

'No, I'm not. I don't think I'll be able to come. My agent just called me for an impromptu photoshoot and I have to go.'

'oh. Okay, dear. Take care of yourself.'

'Yea, you too. You remember the birthday party we're attending tomorrow, right?'

Birthday party?? Oh. Forgotten about the birthday we were invited to.

'I forgot here. Do we have to go?'

Hana laughed

'Really? Jade, don't be antisocial na. We're attending this party and that's final.'

I laughed

'Okay boss lady. We'll attend the party. Take care of yourself and be fine.'

'Yeah, you too.'

We hung up and minutes later, we drove into Lakeview's compound. I got down at the garage and I started walking towards the SS3 block when Bunmi, our class captain caught up with me