Chapter 13: A Year Later

"Yield?" A young voice asked.

"Never!" An older voice responded before a man swirled up into the air and kicked forward, only for the eleven-year-old to block the kick before he spun around, his two swords cutting through the air as they extended with wind chakra, causing the man to vanish, the blades passing through the area where he had just been standing. 

"Shisui-sensei," The blonde said in an amused voice. "You cannot escape me forever, ya know. I will always find you," He glanced to the right before holding his sword in a reverse grip to his left, deflecting three shuriken into two simple motions, a grin on his face. 

Shisui suddenly flashed above Naruto, his sword coated with a thin layer of fire before he struck down, only for Naruto to hold his blades in the air as an 'X', blocking the strike before a swirl of wind suddenly came out of the blades, picking Shisui up in a small tornado before Naruto tossed one of his swords in the air, making two one-handed signs.

"Fire Style: Devouring Flame Jutsu!" He whispered before a small snake-like stream of fire poured out of Naruto's mouth, covering the wind tornado in the fire, the wind enhancing the intensity of the flames, making Naruto take a few steps back, effortlessly catching his sword and sheathing the two swords on his back, the click of the hilt hitting the metal seemingly stopping the tornado, only for Shisui to be gone. 

However, Naruto wasn't worried, he only made a few hand signs and placed his hands on the ground before the dirt below him began cracking as several shards of rock sprouted from the earth, along with Shisui, who was cautiously standing on one, his attention no longer on Naruto, but his own safety. 

"Gotcha," Naruto whispered before two chakra chains came out of his lower back, wrapping themselves around Shisui, restraining his chakra as Naruto held him, his usual smile on his face.

"How was that? Shisui-sensei?" Shisui sighed.

"I concede, jeez, how the hell did you get so strong so quickly? You've been beating me for the last four months now!" Naruto dissolved his chains, letting Shisui fall on the ground expertly, another sigh leaving the Uchiha. 

"Only because you refuse to use your Mangekyou Sharingan," Naruto spoke honestly. "If you decided to use that, you'd beat me no sweat! I've seen what that thing can do!" And indeed he has, as well as the repercussions for using such devastating power.

" Urgh!" Naruto groaned as he felt himself stabbed in his shoulder by a rogue ninja from Kiri, the man being almost kage level. 

"You tree huggers are strong, I won't lie about that!" The man got out, pretty much out of breath as blood trickled down his forehead. "But I won't lose to a child!" 

"You dare touch my student?" Shisui whispered threateningly, rage building up in his voice as his Sharingan morphed into a four-starred shuriken. "You will pay for that!" A light green avatar surrounded Shisui as he glared murderously at the Kiri Ninja, blood pouring out of his eyes. 

"What the-what type of chakra is this?"

"FEEL THE POWER OF THE UCHIHA!" Shisui roared as he used his large green chakra hand to punch the man into the ground, breaking several bones as the Kiri man screamed in pain. "DIE!" Shisui slammed his chakra fist into the man again, killing him. 

"S-Sensei," Naruto whispered before he felt his eyes get heavy, Shisui's Sharingan spinning. "G-Genjutsu? N-No, I'm okay. I can still. . ." Naruto fell asleep as Shisui panted heavily, clutching his eyes as he seethed in pain, the lingering burning sensation traveled throughout his entire body.