Part 49

It was 6:30am when Riley opened my blinds to wake me. I groaned and tried throwing a pillow at her but she just laughed, "You have to wake up, Thomas wants you ready for your date in half an hour." Riley said as she busied herself getting my outfit ready in the closet.

"Half an hour?!" I shot up, flinging the covers off me and quickly getting out of the bed.
I freshen up, brush my hair and get dressed in the outfit Riley picked for me.

Since we will be out in the cold weather I bundle up in black skinny jeans and a deep red coloured coat that has buttons at the front.
A black beanie to cover up my mess of hair and a matching pair of woollen gloves.
Also a pair of red heeled boots, the same colour as my coat. I make sure to add my Pandora bracelet to my wrist and a silver necklace that contrasts the red.

"I was instructed to send you to the area just outside the entrance, I assume there will be car waiting for you." Riley says and I nod as I go to leave my room.

"Thank you, I'll see you later I guess." I say on my way out the door and my maid gives me a wave.

I hurry down to the entrance, considering I have two minutes to be there. My boots patter against the carpet and I rub my hands together nervously.

As I leave the palace walls I feel the chill hit me, but I see Thomas waiting by a car a few metres away.
He's dressed casual but smart as usual.

"I'm surprised you made it on time." Prince Thomas said with a laugh from where he stood and I moved forward to greet him.

"I surprise myself sometimes." I say with a laugh and fall into his chest as he extends his arms for a hug.

As I put a hand to his chest I can't help but remember how good he looked shirtless, and I feel the solid build under his shirt.

"I wanted to be out early enough to get breakfast, so let's get going." Thomas explained as he took my hand in his and led us to the car.

It was a sleek black car that was polished clean, similar to the one I first arrived at the palace in, but not a limo.
Thomas opened the door and allowed me to slide into the seat. Then he slid in after me and closed the door.
As we buckled our seatbelts the driver asked where we wanted to go.

Thomas said some fancy name, Peggy something or other, and the driver took off quickly.

Throughout the trip Thomas had his hand resting on my thigh and it made my skin heat at the touch.
It was around a 20 minute drive, but the place we came to was definitely worth it.

"Wow." I said as I stepped out of the car, seeing the beautiful little cafe on the corner.
The walls were bright pink and there were flowers decorating the entrance. I absolutely loved it.
Thomas held my hand as he stood behind me and watched me curiously admire the cafe.

Thomas had to pull me away as the sidewalk became busy with people and we quickly ducked into the shop, escaping the cold.
A little bell chimed as we entered and the smell of fresh ground coffee hit my nose.
It was quieter than I expected, only one other couple in the back that seemed to be finishing off their food.

The prince took us over to the register and the lady looked up to greet us.
The women had blonde hair tied up in a messy bun, a pen stuck through to hold it in place. She looked tired and her apron was tied only very loosely around her waist.

She looked shocked when she saw us, doing a double take, then stuttered out an introduction, "H..Hi what can..n I get y..you today."

Prince Thomas seemed totally natural as he held me to his side, politely smiling to the lady.