3

We got our champagne
Dreams
In an endless drought...

--

The class was still in an uproar, as the students tried to out shout each other in nominating a candidate to run for Class captainship.

With the stressed out Corp, trying to bring back sanity to the once peaceful class, an amused TJ watched the whole scene unfold. He hadn't stayed up to an hour, but was already entertained in his new class.

Back in the states, things were done in an orderly manner but was quite boring.

Here was a mess, a pretty mess.

"Why the creepy smile?" TJ felt someone join him, cutting him off his reverie.

Looking up, he found Jiki on his table which was shocking enough, but an amused one was a little unsettling. The boy had never offered him a neutral facial expression but there he was, smiling like they were long time buddies.

"I'm not smiling."

"Whatever. You've not said anything since you entered. I am beginning to think you are a serial killer." The fairer boy said with a careless ease.

TJ decided to indulge him.

"Depends on how many numbers it takes to make one a serial killer." He retorted, eyes glinting with mischief.

The reaction he got from the tall boy was enough to make his whole week.

"You mean...Do you?" Jiki whispered, swallowing hard.

TJ cracked up in fit of laughter. He succeeded in unnerving the poor boy.

Jiki seemed to catch on with the joke before calming down.

"For your mind, I'm impressed shaa. I'm being nice because Elo asked me to be." Relaxing more on his seat, Jiki propped his hand on his table. "How is Pacesetters so far?"

"Fun and crazy. That guy will have a cardiac soon." TJ pointed at the stressed out teacher, trying to attend to every student.

"You mean your teacher?" Jiki asked, a brow up.

"He's young. No biggie there." He defended.

Jiki chuckled before raising his hand in mock surrender.
"It's the 'no biggie' for me. Anyway, Why are you not joining them."

"I don't know anybody to nominate. And this whole cinematography shit is like cotton candy to me." TJ bragged.

The fairer boy examined him, amused that he wasn't that snubby and arrogant, like he assumed earlier. "Cinematography shit seriously?"

TJ laughed. While they settled in comfortable silence. He had a feeling they could work out an easy friendship.

"For real? You've done cinematography before?" Jiki's interest was piqued.

The fairer boy's bewildered voice drew the attention of those sitting nearby. TJ rolled his eyes real hard, it wasn't such a big deal. Who doesn't know about cinematography in high school?

He stared at the fair boy sitting opposite, a brow slightly raised up, signaling him to speak up.

TJ bit his lips in amusement before nodding.

"We offer cinematography in sophomore but most schools offer them in senior year. It's like a necessary, you guys don't offer the course at all?"

No response...