Prince of Knights Chp51

Hey there ladies and gentlemen. Due to the high demand, I have dedicated this chapter to Faris and Raghad ONLY. Prepare to be awed...and melt. 

~*Do not eclipse my world with darkness again for the sun just shined upon me, prince~* TheQueenofDarkness. 

Faris pulled away from Raghad but did not let go. He held her beautiful face in his hands kissed her forehead, then both of her doe-like eyes. Faris swallowed against the tears he tasted on her thick lashes. "I always pondered who will be the woman to stand alongside me? Who would be so indomitable and so beautifully foolish to wed a man like me? And then," His thumb caressed her jaw, the side of her face. "You stood before me; you glared at the beast. You defied me. You made me discern who I was or who I could be." Faris whispered, watching the irises of her eyes widen at his words. 

"Faris do not speak like this. Do not make this your farewell." Raghad slowly moved her trembling fingers to his face, and with utter hesitancy, the tips of her fingers touched his right cheek, and the knight of knights inhaled. The pitter-patter of the rain outside ceased for a moment, perturbed that its sound would disturb their tranquillity. A stillness fell over the tribe. The scent of rain was dark and overwhelming.

"Ya Allah, how I desire to have a few more days with you. A few more days to live, to breathe knowing I am not your sinner." At this, a deep crackle of thunder came. For a moment, everything halted, even the wind held its breath. A streak of silver split the sky; the downpour hastened.

Raghad shook her head, causing her hair to cascade down her left shoulder. "Do not verbalize such words. You are not my sinner, Faris. Don't..." she trailed off when the man before her wrapped a few strands of her hair around his fingers.

"Your hair," he smiled a forlorn smile. "I have always yearned to conceal my soul in them. Your hair," Faris kissed the crown of her head. "Your hair is my cage that suffocates and makes me breathe at the same time." Raghad blinked shell-shocked from his words; her heart blushed from the secret her spouse just uttered.

Raghad hissed when Faris brought his lips to her temple and stayed there, his cold lips against her warm skin kindled her heart further, leaving the ashes bleed within her. "I have yet another confession to make, bint-ash-sheikh." his voice ripped her senses.

"Please, stop. Inform me all about it when you come back to me." She clutched the front of his thobe, beseeching.

Faris pressed his lips harder on her temple. "It tasted divine. The very first time when you cooked, Raghad, the food tasted divine. So delectable that I nearly requested you to make it again." He gave a humorless chuckle.

Raghad dropped her gaze, not knowing to weep out of delight that the man before her cherished her or to weep that the brute standing before her might not return.