Chapter 15: Midnight

Sorry that I am not uploading as much as I would like! (School sucks)

Anyways I hope you enjoy! Random thought: if you think about it, isn't 'night' a weird word? Couldn't it be pronounced as nigit? Just think about how it's spelt. Ni-ght

It might just be me who thinks it's weird... XD

2 days after the Green Ninja's deepest darkest secret is revealed

Lloyd's POV:

The lush, green grass I stood on was soft and inviting. My mind wandered back to the days when I was younger. A young and naive child influenced by the wrong deeds of my dad, hoping to continue on his legacy.

I shook off the memories and held my arms close together to create a little bit of warmth against my body. The green and black plaid pajamas pants did little to keep the warmth in my body. I hugged my green shirt in as well. 

I continued to walk through the stalks of grass, their blades poking at the skin on my ankles. I smiled at the tickling sensation that sent goosebumps up my legs. 

It was the middle of the night, the moon was at it's brightest and highest point in the sky, reflecting cold rays onto my cheeks. I was in a field of bladed grass and wildflowers, there was a beautiful, pristine lake off to the side of the field. It was surrounding by a layer of rock and sand, separating it from the field I was strolling through.

The spine-chilling wind blew threw the blond locks of my hair, sending them swaying back and forth in an uncontrolled manner. The wind would slow down and prance quietly and gently around me, stopping for a moment to catch it's breath before increasing it's pace and pounding into the strands of golden hair that rested on my head.

I changed my direction and headed towards the royal blue lake that stood quietly, almost waiting for me to come towards it. A layer of mist rolled over the top of the lake creating an eerie scene.

The wind continued to pound against my body, influencing the small waves to roll onto the shore, dragging a little bit of sand back with it as it withdrew and hibernated back to the lake.

Stopping where the rocks separated the grass fields and the beaches, I noticed the white light of the moon reflected against parts of the water sending a glare of light towards my eyes. I wanted to stay and admire the view but to my luck, the temperature was dropping increasingly by the second. As a bonus to the crisp, cold temperature, the air smelt of incoming rain.

I shivered and turned, walking along the rock barrier so that my feet wouldn't get wet from the water down below. I made sure to place my feet on the sandy parts so they wouldn't get cut by the sharp rocks either.

I folded my arms together trying to preserve my body heat, due to the fact that the air outside was not doing much to keep me warm. Neither was the sun, oh right... there was no sun.

I kept walking along the rocks in silence, the wind making a light whistling sound to fill up some of the silence. Although the scenery was pretty, I couldn't shake this feeling I had in my gut. This pasture and lake were almost too eerie to be stunningly gorgeous.

 Through the corner of my eye, something sparkled near the fresh reserve of water, reflecting the moonlight. I whipped my head over to see a glass bottle wash to the shore of the lake with a piece of paper inside of it.

Out of curiosity I went over to the wet shores to retrieve the bottle, holding up the bottoms of my pants so the water wouldn't drench the fabric.

I grabbed the bottle and examined it, letting go of my pants and allowing water to start soaking into the fabric. Turning the bottle around I noticed that it was very old and rusty.