Doorway to the Future

guys gUys gUYSY I was reading the earlier chapters of this book and boy oh boy, I'm qU aakIng

Smile! You're never fully dressed without one!
-Strawberry Pimp
oops, wrong fandom
but pls do smile

——————————————————————

It's crazy to think that day, years ago, I bonded with these guys. Piggy back rides from Russia, fleeing with Britain, witnessing America try to roast Russia, all that stuff.

I truly bonded with them.

In a day.

If they could remember me years later and act like we had a 10 year friendship, then I think these are definitely friends I want to keep.

---

(Y/N) POV

We settled down and calmed ourselves after that little reunion. Soviet Onion and Germany were still settling their little dispute like the responsible countryhumans they were. I could tell that the countries had a billion questions about how and why I was here. Portals, man. Portals.

"(Y/N), you don't look a day over (however old you are), sweetie! At least, I think." France gushed. "But seriously, how DID you get here? Portals, I assume?"

"Yeah, actually." I began. "I can't control them. They come out of nowhere, and they take me to who knows where. So far, they've only taken me to world wars."

"We were hoping you guys would be able to do something about them, or at least know how to control them so (Y/N) can go back to her world." Japan stated.

Go back to my world? I don't think I like that idea too much... But I'll go with it for now.

"Well, you see..." Britain started. "Controlling these portals would be out of our reach as well. But there is something we can try."

"Well, what is it?" I asked.

"There is an abandoned doorway that was constanly experimented on in a certain forest." Ah yes, another forest. Well, whatever it is, bring it on. I gobble up mysterious forests for breakfast. Britain continued. "It was sealed off due to small island countryhumans being spotted around these parts, and never seen again. The doorway was blamed for the disappearance of those countryhumans."

I feel like he's referring to submerged islands. I thought that was because of climate change. This kinda feels like something top secret the goverment doesn't want you to know.

Except, the 'government' in this world seems pretty non existent. Maybe. What would I know? I don't know a lot about this place. But hey, another reason to stay!1!1 What can I say, the list just keeps getting longer. Anyways, enough thinking. Don't wanna overload my brain, now do we?

"Do you think this portal- doorway thing can get me back to my world?" I questioned. If it does, then I'm not getting anywhere near that thing.

Russia sighed, and hesitated before answering my question. "We aren't 100% sure. Tests have shown that it does, but we wouldn't really call these tests reliable. There's a 50/50 chance that it will just take you to your present, but in this world."

Well let's just hope I get the good 50--

Russia continued. "We'll just have to hope for the best, Small O-- I-I mean (Y/N)." He looked away, mentally scolding himself with a faint blush visible on his face.

He used my name. Well, iT'S ABOUT TIME. I did find the nickname cute though.

Wait what

I chuckled nervously at the thought before clearing my throat and speaking up again. "So let me get this straight. There is a chance I'll go back to my world, but there is also a chance that I stay in this world, but I'll be in my present?"

"Yes."

"Any chance I can just stay here?" I asked, a large part of me hoping for a yes. A small part of me was hoping for a no. That part of me was the same part of me that is extremely attached to the internet. It would be such a sorrow to part with the internet...

Geez that last part was dramatic.

"No." America said, being straightforward. "Sadly, you can't stay. We don't know how much it could keep messing up the space time continuum... or something like that. Then again, space time continuum stuff only happens in the movies... so maybe we're good?"

I eyed America. Actually, I think we all eyed America. How'd he even know that? Fanfics, amirite?

"America's right... I-I think." Britain piped up. "Someone from the future can't stay in the past, especially if you're from another world."

France decided to speak up. "And if you do end up in this world if you go through the doorway, it might be easier to get back to your world. Who knows, maybe in the future we'll have the technology to do so." France said in a hopeful tone. I nodded, going along with what she said. I really don't know if I even want to go back, I feel like I belong here, which is ironic because I really don't. A human in a world full of countries with faces? Who has ever heard of that? If I go back and tell someone, they'll think I'm crazy.

———

I had asked Russia to give me a piggyback ride on the way there, and we joked about it being like 'old times'. I also talked about what things there were in the future, trying to make up for that 'hot pockets' thing, and trying to make the future seem cool. Y'know, something they would look forward to. Encouraging them that they were doing great jobs as countries.

The world leaders? Well, that's a different story-

Japan started to part the vines and leaves to reveal an old doorway. It was sealed off with a lot of those police tape thingies. Russia put me down and everyone began tearing down the police tape. Once most of the police tape was torn off, a rust colored doorway was visible.

"What happens when we open the door?" I asked, afraid of what is about to happen.

"We're about to find out." Italy said.

I stepped forward and opened the door slowly. In front of me stood an empty void, nothing but pitch black. It was terrifying. What will happen if I step inside? My thoughts swirled as I tried to imagine what will happen when I step into this endless abyss. I guess France noticed my slight paranoia, because she put her hand on my shoulder and faced me.

"This will turn out okay, I promise." Her face was so close to mine, my breaths became slightly uneven as I tried to not make any weird faces. What is this feeling?

"ThANks." Was all I could muster up, with a slight voice crack that laced on the 'A'. Small, but noticeable. Also, 'thanks'? Jeez, I thought my last words would be more... important. You know what? They will be more important. This time, it's a question. An important question. Okay, enough of this. It's time to get this over with.

"Will I... ever see you guys again?" I said in a low voice. Everyone perked up at the question. And again, I was engulfed in a hug from everybody. I didn't even care if it was suffocating me, these guys are like family to me.

"Keep messing around with portals, and maybe you will." Britain joked. I chuckled, not wanting to pull away from this massive group hug. But after a good few minutes, I pulled away. Everyone said their goodbyes. I didn't even dare cry, as much as I wanted to, I didn't want that to ruin this moment.

And before I entered the portal, I mustered something; a response to Britain's answer to my earlier question. I'm not sure if anyone heard or not, but I'll find out. I'll see them all very soon, when actually, it's years from now. I'll see them soon, I'll make sure of that.

...

"Yeah, maybe I will."

——————————————————————

So Wattpad deleted most of my work for this chapter, and I had to rewrite it yay
Will (Y/N) ever see them again?
That's for me to decide haha-
We'll be right back.