Chapter 30: Witness

"No"

Lisa replied and look similarly confused as Jieun. "Wait here, I'll get it.", Lisa muttered and fumbles with her apron, getting it off her before rushing towards the main door.

But the moment Lisa left to get the door open, her phone rang which she had left at the table where she's been cutting vegetables a while ago.

Jieun's brow furrowed and saw the phone's brightness lit up to her attention, so she quickly put down the knife and reached for it only to see the caller id on the screen.

Her lips pursed, heaving a deep sigh. Before rushing outside to give Lisa her phone.

And suddenly stopped, after seeing the tall girl hugging a woman in front of the doorstep.

"Lisa?" Jieun calls her, and Lisa immediately pulled away from the woman with wide eyes.

"Oh, is this the girl you are talking about?"

The woman asked, looking up at Lisa.

And the ringing continues, startling the three of them. "She's calling," Jieun informed her as she walks towards them. Giving the phone to Lisa before facing the woman, and bowing as she greets the latter.

Lisa took the phone from the girl's hand and saw Jennie's id on the screen. She immediately looks at Jieun after seeing who's calling her and flashes a worried look before she decided to turn off her phone. And put it back on her pocket, earning her a confused gaze from both woman n front of her.

"Are you sure you're not gonna answer that?"

Jieun asks, and Lisa quickly nods with a half-smile.

"Oh, by the way. This is Mrs. Choi, I was also surprised to see her right now. But you said you want to meet her, just a while ago. So this a good timing."

Lisa blurted out, and grab Jieun to stand beside her. While introducing her housekeeper.

"And Mrs. Choi. To answer your question, yes this is the girl I was talking about to you on the phone. She's Jieun, my sunbaenim, and my wife."

Lisa added that causes the girl beside her to almost choke with surprise. "Ani! I'm not her wife please don't listen to her." The small girl immediately denied while shaking her hands in defense.

Her face fumed, nudging Lisa with force in her side. "Ah! Aw? Sunbae?~"

Lisa whined holding her left side, with both hands while pouting her lips to the petite girl.

"I told you stop saying that? You're not listening to me. Aish." The small girl grumbled and aims her fist in front of Lisa's face while the other one clings to her arm while flashing a mischievous smile. Until those little interaction become a childish bickering, forgetting the presence of their visitor. Mrs. Choi had to fake a laugh just to get both their attention.

"Don't worry agasshi, I know Lisa wouldn't marry without inviting me so I know if she'll have a wife already or not. But it seems like both of you might head there anytime soon. So I wouldn't mind if she calls you her wife."

The old woman commented.

Causing the small girl to gawk with shock. And Lisa's grin to grow even wider.

-------

After eating their dinner with Mrs. Choi, Lisa excuses herself and left Jieun with the old woman busily washing their dishes.

"Oh no, agasshi please leave this task to me." The old woman rushed to the sink where Jieun is already starting to wash the plates.

But the petite woman didn't give Mrs. Choi the plate she's washing and shook her head to refuse the latter. "It's ok Mrs. Choi, I don't have things to do either so let me help you with this. And beside Lisa is busy with something else so there's really nothing much to do for me."