Chapter Two: Getting To Know You

YOU.

Mia Marrow.

Your Instagram is private. Smart girl, there are some crazy people in the world. Which leads me right to your facebook.

Born and raised until your nineteen birthday in Westbrook, Maine. You look at poetry as a stress reliever, not a successful future job. Your main focus is psychology. That's your current major. Your mother, Carrie Marrow, a full time nurse. And your father, Marcus Marrow.

Died. You were sixteen.

Known by your seventeen year old sister and your friends as "Mimi". Though you make constant posts about how much you hate the name. I'll admit, it makes you sound like a fifteen year old. But it is cute as a childhood nickname. You have no makeup in your profile picture. You're wearing a red casual dress. And your hair is in a ponytail. You might just be the definition of a goddess.

Though you are a full time student, you work at a nearby restaurant. Got to pay the bills somehow.

"Okay, welcome. Can I take your order?"

The way the have you dressed. Like a downgraded Hooters girl. The men are staring you down like their last meal. The girls here want to be you. Do you enjoy this, Mia? All of this attention? Maybe I was wrong about you.

What is it that you want, Mia?

~

Your day always starts and ends the same. You have a lovely skin care routine, starting from your foaming scrub, ending with cleansing wipes. Usually people with random acne or skin damage would just do this, but you like to take care of yourself. Even without it, your skin is glowing.

Stop putting on that eye makeup. You don't need it.

Next, school. Your backpack, is so, not, you. You come off as a introvert, a loner. You're only doing that waitress job because you have to. Your polka dotted, pin covered backpack says different. It's also very expensive looking. What the hell?

At least you don't have a professor that doesn't want to fuck you. Who am I kidding, everyone does.

Once you leave school you go home to change and then straight to work, where you in fact, work your ass off. Your fifteen dollar an hour job, pays for everything. Except your tuition, your mom's money has that handled. What exactly does Marnie do when you're not home?

"Hey weirdo."

I looked up to see who was talking. "Marnie?"

"Uh, yeah? Who else do you know that's as beautiful as me?"

Better than insecurity, I suppose.

"I hope you're not here because of my sister. Because the food isn't that good." Marnie explains.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

"Mia. My sister. You were literally drooling over her the other day. You know she works here, right?" Marnie asked.

Detective eyes. But you're really just wanting to have a nice conversation for once.

"Actually, no. I didn't. And the food is actually pretty good."

I lied.

Marnie sat down in the seat in front of me. "Whatever. I'm just waiting for her to get off. She's supposed to be taking me to some party in Greenwich with her and her stupid friends."