Chapter 94 - Memory Found

Scott, Malia, Lydia and I run throughout the bunker, sealing and locking up all the entrances from the tunnel.

Lydia runs up the tunnel towards the main door of the bunker that Scott and I are holding open for her. Once she's running through the doorway, she informs "The tunnel gate is locked. Everything is locked."

I step back with her into the room while Scott closes the door behind her, lock sliding into place as Malia runs from the other side's entrance "Think it'll hold them off?"

"Probably not." Scott mutters, Lydia and I sharing a look before I grumble "Definitely not."

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia quips, flitting her eyes between the three of us.

I shrug and follow behind Lydia who leads the way over to the device that made us choose the bunker as our hideout for our remembering Stiles plan.

The device is called a cold sarcophagus and she witnessed it being used with Jordan the last time she was in the bunker. He was put into a trance, hypnotic state because of this device. Since a few certain people we know in this room can withstand elements that would normally kill someone, this is our best idea we have on such short notice.

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott inquires, stopping his steps in front of the sarcophagus.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound." Lydia replies and I cross my arms over my front, turning to Scott standing on my other side to elaborate "It's not the same thing as the ice bath we gave Isaac, but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive."

"So, what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia questions, not hiding her fear as she moves her eyes between Lydia and I.

I make a noise and fill in "It'll slow your heart rate and put you in a trance like state."

"Like hypnosis." Scott interrupts and Lydia nods before correcting "Hypnotic regression."

I snort with her wit and look back over to the device in front of us as I murmur "If we can figure out how to work it..."

Malia snaps her hand out to her side, pointing towards two buttons that are green and red "This says 'start'– so, maybe it's not that complicated."

"...It's complicated." Scott grumbles, looking on the other side where there are dozens of switches and dials and oxygen levels oh my

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia implores, Scott and I sharing a look which I shrug as an answer before he goes with "As much time as Liam and Noah can buy us."

After Noah told us about the rift he almost opened, him and Liam headed to the station to collect Theo, adding him to their plan to draw the Ghost Riders to them and make sure we're in the clear while we work through our memories to hopefully open a rift that will stay open.

I breathe in deeply, moving my steps over towards the side with all the dials and switches. I lean closer, moving my eyes around all the levels and make a contemplative noise before I implore "Do you think everything is still set to when Jordan was in this thing?"

"Why does that matter?" Scott asks, walking over towards where I'm standing and I shrug "You and Jordan are both supernatural healing creatures, so whatever level was needed to keep his body temperature down low enough to safely be in a trance should work on you also."

Scott makes an impressed face, nodding once before he steps back and moves to remove his shirt "Good enough for me, let's try it."

We open the door, the deep creaking noise similar to what you'd imagine hearing when opening a door to a dungeon in a castle, while Malia hits the green start button she had pointed out earlier.