CHAPTER 12

Emma's POV:

He took me to the conference room still holding my hand. His assistant Adam I guess knocked the room whom I didn't notice till then.

The door opened and we entered the room when I saw my dad and his dad were also present with broad smiles on their faces.

What is happening? Why is everyone so happy and I am the only clueless one.

I even saw Ben standing beside his dad and even he looked like he will burst out into laughter seeing my expression.

"Asher! Emma! At last you made your presence" his dad said with a laugh.

Asher took me to the table and everyone started taking their place as well when Asher dragged a chair outside for me to sit and I took my seat. I saw Asher taking his seat beside me as well.

"What's happening dad?" I gestured looking at my dad and he just replied with a smile.

I was getting frustrated more and more by the seconds passed.

I heard the door open again and saw all the board of directors making their way to the table.

After everyone got settled in, my dad stood up clearing his tone.

"Good Afternoon everyone" he greeted them and continued "Thank you for coming in this short notice"

"So ladies and gentlemen I decided it is time for me to step down from my position as CEO of Campbell & Co. and appoint my daughter Emma Campbell King as the new CEO" he added.

Is he real? I turned to look at Asher and he was looking at me with a smirk.

"Emma, come on princess" dad called out and I made my way slowly joining him at the end of the table.

"Emma take your seat and sign these papers" dad said getting up from his seat.

When I was about to take the seat "Mr. Campbell I don't accept her as the CEO, she can't talk and how can someone like her handle this empire" someone spoke from the board of directors.

"Mr. White she proved herself enough for these past three years so I recommend you don't bring that out" dad said in a stern voice.

"But Mr..." when Mr. White was about to say something Asher stood up and looking at everyone asked "Does anyone else have any problem with Emma King becoming the new CEO" in his stern voice and I saw no one objecting it.

"So it is settled then. Mr. White no one else has problem with it except you so do you still want to object it?" Asher asked looking at Mr. White with stern face.

"No Mr. King" Mr. White replied with a clenched fist.

Asher came and stood beside said "Go on Emma sign the papers".

I took my seat and signed the papers as the new CEO of Campbell & Co.

After that everyone came to congratulate me and left the room except Campbell and the Kings.

"Emma as the new CEO you have to finalize the deal with the King Corp." dad said to me.

"What deal?" I gestured him.

"The merger Emma, with that both Kings and Campbells work together" he said and I nodded.

I took my pen and went through the agreement once more and signed the document giving it to Asher for him to sign it.

"It is nice doing business with you Mrs. King I will look forward to it" Asher came to me and said with a smirk which made my knees weak.

"Emma I forgot to tell, you will be working in a new building with Asher which was bought both by the Campbells and the Kings for the merger" dad said turning towards us.