six

6|CARA DUNE

Asra Blen sat comfortably in the co-pilot chair, her eyes finding it hard to stay open. She let out another big yawn, covering her mouth as her eyes watered.

She tried to keep an eye on the child but it sat innocently beside Mando, its curious eyes watching all the flashing buttons on the control panel. It reached forwards and pressed one, the ship making noises. As it moved to press the button again it stopped when the Mandalorian told it off.

"Stop touching things." Asra jumped slightly at the sound of his voice, the ship had been quiet for so long. The child blinked widely at him, its hand sneaking behind it to press another button. The entire ship began to shake causing Mando to reach across and turn it off while placing the child on his lap.

"Such a defiant child." She laughed, standing up and stretching her arms and legs. The muscles complaining after not being used for so long.

"Let's see. Sorgan." Mando mumbled to himself. "Looks like there's no star port, no industrial centres, no population density. Real backwater slug hole. Which means it's perfect for us. You ready to lay low and stretch your legs for a couple of months, you little womp rat?"

"I hope you are talking to the child and not me." Asra joked, leaning on his shoulder as she looked down at the child. "You must be so hungry."

"Go rest, Asra, you are exhausted." He told her, looking at her from the corner of his eye.

"Are you sure?" With a small nod of his head, she sighed quietly and found the bedroom again, taking everything off until she was only in her under dress.

The jolt of the ship awoke her from her sleep. Groggily, she rolled off the bed and stood up, collecting her clothes in her arms.

"Asra?" Mando knocked on the door as he entered, stopping abruptly as he saw her appearance. He mumbled an embarrassed "sorry" before quickly leaving the room. The child stayed by the door, its eyes darting back and forth between the two.

"Hey cutie, come here." Asra helped the child on to the bed and threw on her clothes. She made sure her medical bag was packed, she left the room with the child perched on her hip.

"You should both stay here." He asked her, avoiding looking at her. Asra nodded her head, hiding her flushed cheeks with her frizzy hair.

She glanced down at the child and shrugged, it would follow him anyway. She stood beside the bounty hunter as the door opened. He looked beside him and sighed when he saw the pair.

"Fine, come on." They began to walk through the woody terrain, the child squirming to be put down to walk.

They entered a hut filled with people and food, Mando leading them over to a table. The child spotted a cat under a table and went to touch it. It growled at the child causing Asra to hiss back louder, scarying it back under its owners feet.

"Don't worry I'll make sure the mean old cat doesn't hurt you." She picked it up and kissed its head as she placed it on the high chair Mando had got.

"Welcome travelers. Can I interest you in anything?" An older woman who was working approached the table.

"Bone broth, for the lady and little one." Mando responded.

"Oh, well, you're in luck. I just took down a grinjer, so there's plenty." The woman chuckled to herself proudly. "Can I interest you in a porringer of broth as well?"

"Just the two, please." Asra smiled politely, knowing the Mandalorian could not eat as he would need to take his helmet off.

"Very well."

"That one over there. When did she arrive?" He asked, nodding his head at the woman who was subtly casting glances at their table.

"I've seen her here for the last week or so." The server stumbled on her words, trying to remember when she first say the random woman's face.

"What's her business here?"

"Business? Oh, well, there's not much business in Sorgan, so I can't say." She answered as Mando dumped some money on the table to make the woman leave. "She doesn't strike me as a log runner. Well, thank you, sir. I will get that broth to you as soon as possible, and I will throw in a flagon of spotchka just for good measure. I will be right back with that."

"Don't do anything stupid." The healer grabbed his hand, stopping in from fully standing to chase the now disappeared woman.

"I won't." He squeezed her hand and left the hut. The server put the two bowls of broth down and the table, giving a small "enjoy" as she was torn away to another customer.

The child climbed down off its chair and slowly chased after the Mandalorian. Taking a deep breath, Asra followed after it, giving it the smaller bowl of broth. They both wandered around to the back of the hut were they could here them fighting. The bounty hunter was getting his ass handed to him on a silver platter by the woman. The two both raised their guns at each other but stopped when they heard the child loudly sipping its broth.

"I'm starting to see why Kuiil was so adamant on me being your healer." Asra laughed, drinking her broth with a large grin on her lips.

"You want some soup?" The bounty hunter spoke up. They put their guns away and stood up, walking back to the hut.

"Asra Blen, lovely to meet you." She introduced herself, shaking the woman's hand.

"Cara Dune."