Clue-slapped!

The next morning, Harriet went straight to the library and scanned the seemingly endless rows of books.

There! 'Magical Artifacts And Their Uses' sitting on a rather high shelf.

Harriet glared up at it. Why was she so short. She tried to reach through jumping a few times before giving up and looking around for something to step on.

Just then an older student pulled the book from the shelf and held it out to her.

"This is the one you were trying to reach, right?"

Harriet nodded. "Thank you!"

"No problem, anything else you need grabbing?"

"No," Harriet smiled, "Thanks again."

The student nodded and turned to walk away.

"Wait!" Harriet said, "Sorry, I didn't get your name."

"Marietta Edgecombe." She smiled, "You're Harriet Potter, right?"

Harriet nodded, pulling the book close to her chest.

"Do you want to sit with me?" Marietta offered kindly.

Harriet nodded again. "Thanks."

She followed Marietta to a table in the corner.

"These are my friends," Marietta introduced the other students. "Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory, Penelope Clearwater and Jane Korley."

"Hello!" Harriet said waving shyly.

"Here," Marietta pulled up a chair, smiling kindly, "sit down."

"Thanks."

Harriet sat down and flipped open her book. Occasionally chatting with the others, she scanned the pages.

There it was! The page she was looking for. The picture of the mirror was partially an artist's interpretation, but overall it looked very much the same.

Now, if only she could copy the page or something.

"Excuse me," she began quietly, gaining everyone at the tables attention.
"Is there a way I can copy this page? Hogwarts doesn't seem like it has a photocopier." Harriet debated saying more but it didn't seem necessary.

Marietta smiled. "Here, watch me!" She said, pulling out her wand. "Geminio."

Harriet almost leaped back in shock.

Suddenly, she was holding an exact replica of the page. Creases, tears, faded spots... the entire shebang.

"Can you write that down for me?" She asked in awe.

Marietta grinned and grabbed some parchment. "Be sure to pronounce it correctly or you could end up using the duplication curse, gemino, which causes objects to duplicate uncontrollably." She said, handing it over.

"Thanks!" Harriet glanced at the clock. "Sorry guys, but I have to go. It was really nice to meet you all!"

"No problem!" Marietta said. "You're welcome to join us again at any time!"

Harriet waved, reshelved her book and speed-walked out of the library.  Now, where was Pansy?

An hour of searching later, Harriet found Pansy in the common room patting a very disgruntled Draco on the back.

"Uh, hey, bad timing?" she asked.

"Sort of." Pansy grimaced.

"What's up?"

"Weasley."

"What'd he do?"

"Try to start a fight."

"What'd Draco do?"

"Take the high road."

"You dragged me away." Draco threw Pansy an annoyed look.

"It was the right thing to do." Pansy rolled her eyes.

"She's right, you know." Harriet said. "The world already hates us Slytherins enough. We can't give them a reason to despise us any more than they already do. If we did, there'd only be more trouble."

"I know you're right," Draco admitted through his teeth, "I still wish I'd ripped out his tongue and shoved it up his ass though."

"Can't blame you for that!" Pansy stated.

"We'll get revenge some other time," Harriet promised, "Right now, I have something else to show you."

Pansy and Draco accepted the page of info.

"The philosopher's stone?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow. "We knew about this already. It's famous!"

"What? No, not that! The other thing, it's here at hogwarts!" Harriet rolled her eyes.

"The mirror of eris - erised?" Pansy said.

"Yeah."

"That's ridiculous! It's only eligible for rent by high society alchemists and other sorcerers and wizards of similar caliber!" Draco said.

"You just read that off the page." Harriet told him. "But yes, it's here. I found it last night."

"Where?" Pansy demanded.

"I'll take you with me when I check it out again." Harriet smirked. "It's really sick."

"Wicked!" Draco grinned.

"We should take the others!" Pansy said. "They deserve it."

With the others, Pansy meant the slytherin girls who had taken magical vows with her and Harriet on their first night here. Harriet nodded in agreement. This was something they should share.

"Won't that be too many?" Draco asked.

"You don't have to come if you're worried." Pansy elbowed him.

"Of course I'm going!"

"That's settled then." Harriet took the page back. "See you in the common room at eleven sharp."

She walked into the dormitory. Pansy would tell the others. She needed some time to think. Specifically, about the philosopher's stone. She pulled ot the page and read it, carefully. Could this make sense?

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The clock was the only noise in the dormitory besides Harriet's quiet breathing.

She was laying on her back staring at the page. Slowly, her mind began piecing things together.

The visit to Gringotts. Business in the name of Dumbledore. The forbidden corridor. Fluffy. The trapdoor.

Tick. Tock.

The puzzle pieces fell into place.

Harriet sat up and went for the door. She should tell Pansy, shouldn't she?

Shouldn't she?

She hesitated, hand halfway to the handle. Pansy would want to do something about it. Besides, she might insist on telling the others. She didn't know how far she could trust them yet. Sure, the vow was there but...

Harriet shook her head and placed the page in her trunk. No. It was best to keep this to herself. After all, secrets were best kept if barely anyone knew about them.