Ch. 34 - No Turning Back

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You need to give Vincent a raise!"

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 34 - No Turning Back

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

Jade and I sat in the back of one of the tinted black SUVs.

More than anything, I wanted these last few hours of her twenty-first birthday to end on a happy note and hoped that tonight would be memorable for her.

Vincent had organised a lovely balcony dinner at one of our exclusive hotels near the boardwalk in Aelbank City, overlooking the pier and the ocean. We would be heavily guarded while still having complete privacy. The serving staff came from the Calvetti residence and had been instructed to leave as soon as they delivered the meals, which would be just before we arrived to the room.

"You're usually never this quiet, what's wrong?" I asked, my voice breaking the silence.

Turning to look at me, Jade slowly raked her eyes over my appearance once more. I wore a black tuxedo with a purple vest and tie and a small purple centred white Picasso lily corsage in the lapel. The flower matched the bouquet that I had given her when I had greeted her outside the manor.

"Just a little nervous I guess," she softly confessed.

I frowned slightly, one of my dark-gloved hands moved to rest on top of hers which had been resting on the seat in-between us. Needing to feel her skin, I removed both gloves then replaced my hand back on hers, our fingers slowly intertwining.

My blue eyes lazily trailed over her body, from her head to her feet. I loved how she had put her purple hair up in a high bun, allowing for the skin of her neck to be completely exposed. Her skin looked so inviting, I wanted to lean over and kiss the column of her throat before sinking my teeth into her flesh, leaving my mark on her.

I especially loved the way the black bardot dress she wore showed off the smooth and delicate skin of her shoulders and neck.

Briefly closing my eyes, I had to try and calm myself down. There was no doubt that I appreciated the way the fitted midi dress clung to her body, the frill hem around her calves adding a delicate touch. It showed off every curve and I wanted nothing more than to drag her across my lap and mould her body to mine.

Refocusing my thoughts, I used my thumb to gently caress the skin on the back of her hand as I asked, "What are you nervous about?"

Blushing slightly, Jade replied, "A bit of everything, I guess? I mean, if we go through with this, there's no turning back and a part of me fears that you're going to regret it."

"Really?" I enquired as my eyes narrowed, "When have you ever known me to do something that I don't want to? Even if I may hide behind a stoic expression, you must know how I feel about you."

"Uh huh, you men sure have a funny way of showing your feelings! You will do well to remember your behaviour after our first kiss in the library..." Jade teased before adding, "You didn't talk to me for over a month!"

Chuckling softly, my grip on her hand tightened playfully, "You had just turned my world upside down with your lips. Of course, I flipped out! Was it right? No! But it doesn't mean that I regretted it. Hell, that's why I avoided you for weeks on end. As if I saw you, I'd have not been able to stop myself from kissing you again."

"Hmph! Who would have thought that the big Calvetti mafia boss would be rattled by a kiss from little old me? You're acting like it was your first kiss or something..." she light-heartedly expressed out loud, before unexpectedly asking, "Wait! Was I your first kiss?"