[14]

You sat there for what felt like years. You cleaned your weapons and gathered important items from your ship just to pass the time. You sighed as you sat next to the campfire. You poked the small and glowing ashes, as well as contemplating whether you should contact Din or not.

That's when you could have sworn you were hearing footsteps from far away. But it didn't sound just like one or two pairs, but dozens. You shot up and looked around, you found a large tree and began to climb it, as well with your binoculars in hand. Once you got to the top you peered down, using your binoculars you saw what you could have sworn was more than 50 rebels heading your way.

You cursed under your breath as you quickly climbed down and commed into Din. "Hello? Hey, so how long do you think it'll take you to get here?" You asked, trying not to sound too suspicious. "Why? What's wrong?" Din asked worriedly. You only laughed airly, "What? Oh nothing everything's all good here." You said as you put a fake smile on. "Don't lie to me. What's going on?" He asked sternly and you gulped, "Well, I was hearing footsteps from far off you know. So I climbed a tree to see what was going on. Long story short, there's a full army of rebels coming my way." You said hesitantly.

"I'm nearly there, just hang tight. Don't die." Din said and you rolled your eyes, "Well, I mean I've got that covered. Just saying you might have a little company when you get here." You said as you then said your goodbyes and you ended the transmission.

You could hear them getting closer and closer, with every branch you heard snap your adrenaline upped by twice as much. You had set up a few trip mines after you had ended your transmission with Din, and you had heard some go off, which was troublesome since they were fairly close to your location. 

"There she is! Get her!" You heard off from your left and immediate blaster fire erupted. You ducked as you took cover whilst blasting the enemy back. You shouldn't have let those two go. You looked up to the sky when you heard a noise. It was Din.

His ship began to descend quickly, but you knew he wasn't going to be able to touch the ground since there was no room and his ship would immediately be boarded. You saw as Din used his ship's guns to blast away some surrounding rebels.

Since Din was on the same planet as you, you were able to use your com-link which automatically linked up with his. You looked around, how would you get up to his ship? You couldn't climb a tree because it would take too long. That's when you looked at your ship. It was a perfect ramp and would be able to reach Din's ship if you timed it right.

"Din, open your ship's hold. I'm going to use mine as a ramp." You said and he quickly replied, "You'll get shot, there's no way." He said and you scoffed, "Not if I'm fast enough. Just open it!" You said, and when you heard no reply you looked back up to his ship to see his ramp opening up.

You then took your opportunity to rush to the end of your ship that was dug in the ground. You looked up to Din's ship for a moment, to see he was standing on the end of the ramp while holding the pole. You then ran from the small end of your ship to the bigger part with every bit of energy you had. You then took a leap of faith as you reached out for Din's ship.

Your fingers barely brushed the end of the ramp but it wasn't enough to get a grip. That's when you felt yourself falling. Everything seemed to go very slowly. You looked up at Din who was reaching out towards you just as you were reaching from him. A gap of air was between your hands as you were falling. But you saw his hand ball up into a fist and you watched as a rope shot out from a gadget on his wrist.

It then wrapped around your wrist and you took hold of it. You were also being blasted at again, but luckily they were all missing their shots. Din, with all of his strength, began to pull you up and once you were able to grab hold of the ramp you climbed up, your legs dangling until Din grabbed hold of your arm and helped you up. But you felt a sharp and stinging pain in your left leg and you began to slip.

Your leg had been blasted, Din then took better hold of you and helped you all the way onto his ship. You limped on, and as you entered,  Din hit (or more like punched) a button which then began to close the ramp. He gently set you down onto a nearby seat as he then ran to the ladder and quickly climbed it.

You figured that when Din climbed down the ladder that you were now safe. You gripped your leg just above where your injury was. At this point you had rolled up your pant leg enough to reveal it. And it wasn't as bad as you thought it was. "Do you have any bacta bandages?" You asked and Din nodded. He quickly rushed to go grab medical supplies and returned with a handful of items. You smiled and grabbed what you needed to tend to your wound. You noticed out of the corner of your eye that Din kept his gaze on your wound.

"It looks worse than it is." You said as you grabbed his attention away from your wound. "It just grazed my leg. Nothing a bandage can't fix." You reassured him and he sighed as he sat across from you. You stuck on the bandage which instantly brought a cooling sensation. You then wrapped another, regular bandage around it. "Thank you, for coming to get me." You said, not looking up at the Mandalorian. "No need to thank me, you've done the same for me." He said and you shrugged.

"It's what friends do."