Part 56

Shashi is going to Australia on business purpose in 2 days and will be back after a week. He planned to tell his wife and daughter at the dinner. 

Arnav stopped the car right in front of the threshold, 

Arnav: take care and sleep well... 

Khushi: come in, anyway you have cancelled your meetings, why to waste this time of yours?

Arnav: it's okay; I'll come some other time.

Khushi: please come ... she is so cutely asking him.

Arnav: don't ever put that face in front of anyone... he said that so intensively looking at her.

Khushi: why? She asked being confused.

Arnav sighed and closed his eyes: i don't want you be uncomfortable, but I wanna kiss you looking at that face of yours. So please understand and cooperate...

Khushi's eyes went wide with him, but smiled naughtily and kissing his cheek she came out of the car and shouted him to follow her.

Arnav: you... pagal... he was about to go but stopped seeing Shashi's car coming in.

He got down from his car as a respect. Shashi came out his car while talking on phone, after disconnecting it, he looked up and saw Arnav.

Shashi: Arnav? He is surprised to see him.

Arnav: yes, came to drop Khushi.

Shashi: okay, I heard that she slept when you made some other plans? He teased him.

Arnav rolled his eyes: I was sitting next to her when you called; I didn't know that she would be exhausted after the exam.

Shashi laughed: she is always been that way, doesn't care till the exams end and after that, back to herself.

Arnav: hmm... 

Shashi: come in; let's continue talking while having dinner.

Arnav nodded and entered in while calling home to inform about his dinner plans. After ending the call, he sat on the sofa, and checking his mobile. Someone took his mobile from behind.

Arnav: what the!! He turned around to see Anjali.

Anjali: let it be at rest for some time.

Arnav: what are you doing here? And how did you come?

Shyam coming out of kitchen: I'm with her.

Arnav: and what are you doing here?

Shyam: I'm new son of this house, have you forgot Khushi is my sister?

Arnav: what the!!

Khushi: please put your "what the!!" aside for some time.

Arnav: what's going on here?

Garima came to them: I'll tell you...

Arnav smiled at her and made her sit beside him.

Garima: your sister is trying to convince me to give her a company in shopping... and Shyam to come here for the same thing...

Khushi: big deal, go with both of them...

Garima: nope... it's not that... they both want me to be on their side, as in with either of them not with both.

Khushi: oh! 

Shyam: what "oh!"? Come on, be on my side and help me out.

Khushi: well, sorry to say guys, but mamma can't give a company to either of you, because she will be going with papa to Australia for 1 week or 10days.

Shashi heard her and surprised thinking, how she got to know... at the same time Khushi looked at him.

Khushi: what say papa?

Shashi: she will be bored there, Khushi.

Garima: ha Khushi...

Khushi went near him and whispered: if you don't take mamma with you, then I'll tell her that you got an attack other day and was admitted in hospital. Do you want me to do that?

Shashi gritted his teeth but glaring at her: yes, I think Garima should come with me; she will get a change and also will get to see new places...

Garima: kya? No, I'm not coming.

Khushi shrugged her shoulders and sat between Shyam and Anjali. She left it on him to convince her, she can't take risk of him being alone in some other country.

Arnav: what were you doing in kitchen? He asked Shyam.

Khushi: cooking, he cooks so well. 

Shyam: thank you! Have you ever commented on my cooking? Just haves it... he said to Arnav...

Arnav: mujhe khane se matlab hain... naa ki... kisne cook ki...

Anjali hit Arnav: bes****... 

Shashi: let's get eating... I'm feeling hungry.

Garima: let's go.

All settled on their chairs and kaka came and started serving all, sitting order, Shashi on the head chair, Garima, Arnav and Anjali on one side of the table and Khushi and Shyam on other side of the table.

Kaka: Shyam baba, you cooked really good... smell tells it all...

Shashi: wow! Now I can't wait more... Shyam, great job...

Shyam: thank you uncle.

Arnav started eating normally without saying anything. Khushi sighed at him and looked at Anjali who is having the same expression as hers.

Khushi: Shyam Bhai, now seeing you making these delicious items... Di, you are so lucky...

Shyam: Bhabhi! Address her as bhabhi...

Khushi: oops!! Sorry... Bhabhi, you are really lucky to have him, even if you don't want to cook. He will do it for you... so cool...

Anjali: I agree... she said looking at Shyam, who in turn slightly changed his color...

Khushi: oye-hoye... blushing and all, huh? So romantic!

Arnav: what is there to be romantic about it?

Khushi: whatever... you know what, I'm thinking, I should also have a partner who cooks for me...

Arnav choked the food he is having and coughing really hard...

Garima got up and started caressing his back and gave water.

Shyam gave hi-fi to Khushi: you have my full support.

Arnav: what is the need for me to cook, we have chefs to do that, even if you want to cook then forget it, they do their job well.

Garima: see, how much he cares for you!

Khushi: laad governor kahika...

Shyam and Anjali's jaw dropped hearing her, Garima sighed and Shashi silently chuckled...

Arnav: what the!! We are not alone to call me that... I have some respect...

Anjali: which just got trashed, isn't it?

Shyam nodded. 

Shashi: chill, this is just the start... you have a long way to go...

Arnav have nothing to say after that, he continued having his meal but didn't forget to glare at Khushi who royally ignored it.