Disastrous Dates

Blossom's POV

"Jason! Don't run so quickly!" I called after my child.

"He's so energetic," Jasmine said.

"A definite Hollen," Evan added with a proud smile before he brought a drink to his mouth.

Jevan chuckled and I joined in. The four of us were at the park, enjoying the day today with Jason.

Jevan had invited his parents along so they hardly see much of their grandchild.

"You hardly bring him around. Why is that?" his father asked us.

"There's no excuse for that, dad. We do need to bring him around more often and have outings like this," Jevan responded.

"I would love that. Jason reminds me of you when you were that age. The resemblance and characteristics are so similar," Jasmine finished.

As they continued gushing and reminiscing on the good old days, Jason tripped and fell.

I quickly got up from where I was sitting and ran towards him.

Another gentleman reached him before I did. He picked Jason up and dusted him off.

"Are you alright, little man?" I heard him asking.

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Jason. Sweetie, are you hurt?" I asked upon reaching. I was panting already.

"Mommy. I'm fine."

"I told you to stop running so quickly. You could have hurt yourself!" I snapped with was unnecessary.

"Hey. He's just a kid being a kid," the guy intervened.

"I'm sorry. And you are?" I asked.

"Ben. Benjamin but everyone calls me Ben."

"It's nice to meet you Ben. And thank you for helping him up. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome.. Uhhh..."

"Blossom," I informed and held out my hand for a shake. Ben shook my head and smiled sweetly at me.

*
"Is Jason okay?" Jevan asked as he walked between Ben and me.

"I'm fine, daddy," Jason answered and went over to his father. "Ben picked me up and shook mommy's hand," he added.

"Ben?" Jevan questioned.

"Jevan?" Ben said, looking at him.

"You two know each other?" I asked, looking between them.

"Not really. I used to go out with Adobi," Ben clarified.

Jevan's jaw tightened. He turned on his heel with Jason and walked back to his parents.

"That was awkward," I shifted to Ben who laughed softly and turned his attention back to me.

He appeared to be so charming and kind with a cute smile. We exchanged numbers before parting.

_____________________

"So hold on. Ben is Adobi's ex-boyfriend from highschool?" Sophia gushed as I filled them in on what occurred at the park over the weekend.

"Talk about karma," Nina inputted.

"You guys, stop it."

"Nah. She's with your ex and you're with hers. It can't get any better than that," Nina said with a laugh.

We gossiped and chatted until the day came to an end and I left the office to go home.

On the way, my phone rang.