Chapter 35

||Adriana's POV||

"You can sit the bag over there." I pointed over to the couch.

"Ight." Gabriel responded, doing so. "Is lil man okay?"

"I'm not sure, I may have to take him to the hospital if he's not feeling well again tomorrow." I glance over to the sleeping pale boy.

His brown curly hair was so limp against the blue sheets. One arm was placed to his side while the other was behind his head. Was he hot?

"Hey can you turn the heat down a little." I asked Gabriel, hoping something will help Joaquín feel better.

When he's done he plops on the couch, pulling out his phone.

Don't look at it, don't look at it, don't look at it.

I don't want to be one of those girlfriends who goes through their boyfriends phones.

But I'm not going through it, I'm just looking at the screen in his hands right?

"What the heck!" I burst out In laughter while Gabriel looks back at me like I'm crazy.

"What?" One of his brows rises.

"You have a cat cam?" I say, my cheeks puffing up with the laughter that I'm trying to hold in.

His cheeks turns a deep shade of pink and he locks his phone.

Okay now I feel bad. Great job Adriana.

"Well its not really a cat cam exactly" He clears his throat before he finishes. "I have it so no one robs my place again. On the outside and inside. But Princess is like my child and I need to look out for her while I'm out during the day."

That was deeper than I thought.

When I didn't say anything he stood up and spoke again.

"If you end up taking Joaquín to the hospital, you can call me and I'll definitely take you guys." He says, walking up to me.

"Thank you." I open my arms for a hug and he does the same.

How is it possible for someone to feel so safe in another persons arms? One of the best feelings.

When we disconnected, he immediately pulled me into an intense kiss. It was so rough but it felt so gentle with him. I didn't want to pull away but I need some air. After separating for a few second, Panting, our lips lightly still on each other, I was pulled back in, only this time we ended up on the couch.

His lips trailed down my neck and chest then back to my lips.

A cough in the room startles me. "Wait we can't." I break the kiss, staring at his hovering body above me. "Not right here." I add to the sentence.

He looks confused at first but then something went off in his head that brung all his senses back.

"Right." He smiled, climbing off of me. He buttons up his pants that I didn't notice were unbuttoned.

Talk about being in the moment.

I get off the couch, walking into the room to check on Joaquín.

"Hey." I weakly smile.

"Hey." He returns the same energy that he couldn't help but show.

"You hungry?" I take a seat on the corner of the bed.

"A little bit." He nods before coughing into his inner elbow.

"I'll make you some chicken noodle soup." I assure him.

"Get well soon lil man." Gabriel voice causes me to look back at the doorway.

"You leaving?" I ask.

"Yeah Im going to try and get some rest."

Lies. I just gave him blue balls and now I feel like an idiot. Again, great Adriana.

"Okay, lock the door behind you." I say, as his figure leaves the door frame.

When the front door closed, I continued our conversation. "You want to stay in bed? Or you want to come out here with me?"

"I'll come out." He says as he follows me to the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask, searching through the cabinets.

"Some ravioli." He says.

As I heat up the canned ravioli, I decide on making myself some coffee because I felt like it was going to be a long night.

"Be careful,its hot." I slide the bowl over to him.

"Thank you." He says lowly.

As I'm adding the sugar and cream to my coffee, I notice the silence.

"Why aren't you eating? I thought you were hungry?" I say, stirring the coffee.

"I don't know.." He responded.

"You don't know what?" I turn to face him.

"I don't know what's going on with me. My stomach I... I don't know why I'm feeling like this." He says, pushing his bowl away, no longer want it I assume.

"I think we need to go get you looked at." I walk over to grab my phone.

"Put some clothes on so we can go." I instruct him.

When I dial Gabes number, I answered on the 2nd ring.

"I know, I'm on my way." He said before ending the call.
——————————————
Yayyyy a new chapter!! I hoped you guys enjoyed it! I'm trying to get better at wording things lol I can tell the difference from the beginning of the book until now, can you? Anywayyyy I feel so bad for Joaquín! Isn't Adriana the best big sister? Come on now you gotta give her some credits lol.
DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!
excuse any spelling errors
Word Count : 900
Ro❤️