Chapter 31 - Someone You Loved

"Now the day bleeds into nightfall,

And you're not here to get me through it all.

I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug.

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved."

Niccolo's POV

Niccolo's POV

I stood there in between the kitchen and the foyer staring at the woman, who holds my heart, holding my parents at gunpoint. What the fuck is going on?

Her eyes were pained. Complete and utter destruction happening within them. They were glassed over as tears filled before overflowing, streaming down her cheeks. She closed her eyes and turned to face my parents again. A small sob escaped her as her eyes met my father's. They lingered for a bit before he finally spoke.

"Go."

It was his only word. She didn't hesitate as she turned on her heel and bolted for the front door. The more that happened, the more confused I was. The more my heart shattered. The more my soul diminished. The further she got, the further I felt her pull on my last hope at love.

She swung open the door, revealing a laughing Odette and Rafael. They both went silent as Rafael's eyes met hers. His face filled with pure concern as his eyes traveled down and pinpointed the gun in her hands. He snapped his head back up, his wide-eyed gaze boring into her. She shook her head and pushed past the both of them, sprinting towards her car.

"Sierra!" Rafael called out to her. "Hermanita! (Little sister)"

I stared at Rafael incredulously, unable to process the word that just left his mouth, as we heard her car pull off.

"What did you just call her?" I edged closer to everybody, walking past my parents and directly towards Rafael.

"Shit." He cursed as he bowed his head. "Niccolo, I can explain. But right now, I need to know if she's ok."

"I don't give a fuck what you need to do! Why the fuck did you just call her your little sister!?" My voice was roaring throughout the foyer and I felt like everything around me was moving in slow motion, agitating me even more. My anger got the better of me and I lunged at Rafael, pinning him against the wall with my arm across his neck.

"Fucking answer me! Why did she have a gun pointed at my parents' heads? And what the fuck are you hiding?" I pressed my arm harder against his neck causing him to groan.

"Niccolo! Let him go!" Odette was using all her strength in an attempt to get me off her husband, but she was coming out unsuccessful.

"Niccolo, please! Let him explain! Zio (Uncle), do something!" She was beginning to get hysterical as her voice screeched throughout the house.