Incandescence Crystal

Mando shifts watching the women as the blinking of her eyes slow down every minute. "We won't arrive until morning. You have time to rest." Aria glances at him and sighs. "Fine, but it's only because I need to. Not because it was your suggestion." Mando shakes his head and watches as Aria lays her head on the hard metal of the trailer rolling around a couple of times before she huffs stilling her movements.

Mando takes off his armor protecting his thighs and taps Aria's shoulder. "Come here." She looks at me questionably and then sees his legs. "You want me to lay on you?" The Mandalorian stiffs.

Did he?

No of course not! He was simply being honorable. He didn't want to send her off with a crick in her neck now did he?

No.

"I'm more conformable than the metal I'm sure." Aria smiles switching sides to rest her head on his legs. "I guess I'll be the judge, Metalhead." She flicks his helmet and lays her head on his thighs.

Mando rests his hand on her shoulder. A little green hand tops his and the child coos at Aria's sleeping form. "You tired too?"

Aria stirs and opens her eyes just long enough to scoop the little green creature in her arms and cuddle back into Mando's leg.

"She's not what I expected," Kuiil speaks from his blurrg. "What do you mean?" Mando brushes her hair behind her ear softly. "She has a heart." "Does that surprise you?" "She was the greatest weapon the resistance had. Her blade. The saber she carries ended many lives." "Where does the name come from?" Kuiil sighs. "The crystal within the weapon is one of a kind. The crystal can trap one's soul within its own torture chamber after death. Those caught by her blade will never rest in peace. I do fear she is miserable. She will need someone to heal her." Mando turns his head towards Kuiil. "Like who?"

"I have spoken."

~o0o~

I stir rolling on Mando's leg and sitting up looking around. "Sorry. I hope I wasn't asleep long." Mando nods. "You've been out for hours, Aria." I look down at my hands seeing the child tucked away. "I'm sorry." Mando lightly touches my arm. "I'm glad you got to rest."

Not long after we roll up to the Sandcrawler. Kuiil talks with them then looks over at us.

"You need to drop your rifle."

"I'm a Mandalorian. Weapons are part of my religion." "Then you are not getting your parts back." I pat Mando's arm. "Don't worry. I'll keep it safe."

"Fine." He removes the weapon and hands it to me. "Whoa. You've got to let me shoot this." Mando chuckles. "Maybe someday." He proceeds to walk over and negotiate.

Someday.

"They will trade all the parts for the beskar." "I'm not gonna trade anything. These are my parts. They stole them from me."

I shake my head at the baby. "He's way too hot-headed."

Mando yells, "You understand this?" and suddenly blazing fire spits from Mando's wrist.

Jawa's walk over and start to look at the child and I. One of them even proceed to jab me in the side. "Ouch! Back up you hooded rat!"

"Get away from her!" Mando yells scaring them off.

The Jawa's start to chant loudly. "The egg? What egg?"