17

17

For the past 2 weeks, Harry has been avoiding me. I'm usually the one who does that. He moved his seat back in English so he was no longer sitting next to me. In my art class, he's either on his phone or he's drawing and pays no attention to me. Anytime I make eye contact with him he darts his eyes away from me or if he sees me in the halls he walks the other way.

It's just so strange and I feel really lonely. After I cut Rain off, it was like he was the only friend I have. Aside from Fiona of course. But even then, I still felt alone and I hated it. Each day that went by without any sort of interaction with him, the sadder and lonelier I felt.

I didn't realize how comfortable I was around him until he started to distance himself from me. I was at the top of the world, and then the whole Rain and Alexa drama happened and I was quickly dropped to the bottom of the world, and then I was back on top, and here I am back at the bottom.

And I hate it.

"Hey, Jade!" Rain called out to me in English class.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied

"Are you sure?"

"Yup."

"What happened between you and Harry?" she asked as she took a seat right next to me.

No offense, but why was she sitting next to me?

"What?"

"Well, he changed his seat back, you two haven't been talking lately, and Alexa told me that in your other class together that he is barely there."

"We're fine, not that it should even matter to you."

She looked offended when I said that. It's only 8 in the morning and I'm already in a bad mood. Thank you, Harry and Rain.

"I thought- I thought that we were still friends," she said.

"You can't be someone's friend if you don't act like they don't exist whenever you're around someone else. You can't be someone's friend if talk about them behind their back, yeah I know you talk about me to Alexa. You can't be someone's friend if you're really not their friend. So please, do me a favor and leave me alone."

"Bitch." I hear Alexa mutter.

Let me tell you, rage-filled my whole being.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" I said through gritted teeth.

At this point, pretty much everyone was in class now and my teacher had looked up from her desk noticing that there was a commotion going on. Harry came in and quickly made eye contact with me before shuffling to his desk.

"I called you a bitch." Rain said.

"Ladies..." our teacher warned us.

"What the fuck is your problem, I didn't do anything to you. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by telling you that I don't want to be friends with you but you're the one that has been a complete asshole to me." I reply.

"Yeah? Well, it's not my fault that you're just a stupid jealous bitch. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by becoming better friends with Alexa. It's not my fault your personality is so fucking bland that sitting and watching the paint dry for 12 hours is more entertaining than hanging out with you. It's not my fault that me and Alexa have more and common and get along better. Honestly, I think Alexa was right when she said you were obsessed with me. I thought you were upset because you were too busy being a whore and sleeping around with Harry but he has constantly rejected you because he wants nothing more to do with you than just a quick fuck. But in reality, aside from being a whore, you were just upset that my attention wasn't on you anymore."

I want to hit her in the face so hard right now. I know that I shouldn't, I know I'll get in loads of trouble but I want to hit that stupid little smirk off her face so badly right now.

"I never even slept with Harry, so I don't know what the fuck you're going on about. You're saying I'm obsessed when you're the one who keeps coming up to me and asking if we're still friends. And you're standing here calling me stupid, a whore, and a bitch, and quite honestly, I think that you're just projecting the way you feel about yourself onto me. Now go sit in your fucking seat, shut the fuck up, and pretend you're doing your work when you're really just figuring out who's the next boy you're going to fuck."

It all happened so fast that I almost didn't feel it. Shock replaced the feeling of pain when I realized that this bitch just slapped me in the face.

"Girls!" My teacher shouts.

I knew that if I hit Rain back, things would have just gotten worse. Ms. Bradford came over and pulled Rain away from me so she could bring her to the office and I stood there looking at the ground. I felt so much anger build up inside of me, I could feel my face getting hot. I went over to my seat, picked up my bag, and started to walk out of the classroom.

"Jade," Harry said quietly.

My head turned around quickly and I made eye contact with him. He had stood up and was close enough to me where I could talk to him but the whole class couldn't hear me.

"Fuck you, Harry," I said quietly but with enough force so he could hear that I was angry, and I walked away.