25💞

Happiness is attainable, Jungkook has come to believe in the few years he's been with Taehyung. Taehyung made him a better person, Taehyung taught him love, Taehyung showed him feelings, Taehyung made him smile, Taehyung gave him Joy, Taehyung is his happiness.

As Jungkook watches his unconscious mate lies helpless and lifeless in the hospital, he knows Taehyung is not just his happiness,Taehyung is his life, Taehyung is his entire existence.

"Don't worry Mr Jeon he should be up at any moment" A male nurse said after checking his unconscious male.

"I don't understand how he's not waking up it's been days" Taehyung's mum cried out frustrated

"He did lose a lot of blood, his wolf seems really weak, like I said he should be up any moment. Once again I'm sorry for your loss" There go those words again, he doesn't know why he feels like a part of him died. He didn't even want a child but the death of his unborn child feels worse than any pain he's ever felt.

He's responsible for his mate being here, for his dead unborn child, Jungkook feels like a failure, he's supposed to protect them yet he failed them

He doesn't know how long he's been sitting down here and just staring at his beautiful mate.

A slight movement from his mate puts his full sense on alert. Jungkook watched as his mate blinks his eyes open trying to adjust to the bright light in the hospital room.

Jungkook feels shame dancing on his head, how is he supposed to face Taehyung?

"Hey" Jungkook said with a voice he never thought he had. Taehyung's eyes landed on him and all he saw was emptiness.

"Where's my mom?" Jungkook really feels like crying, he deserves this.

"I ummm- she should be outside with your friends"

The room grows silent and cold

"Ba-" Jungkook starts

"Not now Jungkook" The younger gulped at hearing his name and the tone accompanied it. "I don't want to see you right now, I don't want to talk to you either"

Taehyung definitely knows he lost their baby, Taehyung hates him. Jungkook feels like ripping his heart from his chest, cause this is so painful, he feels his heart bleeds.

"I--" his voice cracks, he's about crying, the younger clears his voice

"Please" came the weak pleading voice.

"Yeah I - Uhm ok - I uhmm- I'll call your mom" Jungkook stood up with weak legs, heading for the door, he didn't bother to turn back, everything hurts, it hurts so badly.

*

"How're you feeling?"

"Mom, I said I'm fine, I'm alright the doctors cleared me for a reason"

Taehyung was discharged a day ago, he came back to the mansion instead of going back home to his mate.

He just needed to be away from Jungkook for a bit. He's really hurt from the loss of their baby, a part of him is blaming Jungkook, the other part of him is blaming himself.

It's all his fault, he killed his own baby. If only he was able to keep his hormones on check, if only he didn't run out like that, maybe his child would be alive. Would that have been fair to Jungkook? no, but Taehyung is an omega, he'll rather die than deliberately hurt his own flesh

"What has happened has happened" So he keeps hearing, Taehyung knows all that but what about the future, he still wants a child of his own.

He wants Jungkook, he also wants a child why can't he have both? The goddess has decided he can only have one?