Ch. 47 - Taken By Surprise

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You better stop flapping your mouth 
and flap your ass instead..."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 47 - Taken By Surprise

▪️J A D E▪️

Blaire and I paused by the entrance of the diner, our eyes focusing on the scene before us.

I guess Rosita had not been lying after all. There was Cristiano, sitting near the back of the diner with Rosita herself, whose hand was resting on top of his on the table.

That friend-stealing bitch!

How dare she?

My anger began to rise and I was finding it hard to process that he would be avoiding us because he wanted to hide his relationship with Rosita. Was he really that busy spending time with her instead?

The questions that suddenly bombarded my mind threatened to make me loose my cool.

I had no problem with Rosita dating Cristiano. Everyone knew she had a huge crush on him, as most girls on campus had. However, what was pissing me off about this entire situation was the unsettling feeling I had about Rosita since day one. I always felt like she was hiding something and I was always one to trust my gut instincts.

The fact that it seemed like Cristiano had been avoiding Blaire and myself because of Rosita had my palms itching.

I was this close to taking out my switchblade and sheathing it into the side of Rosita's neck.

However, I knew that I could not be hasty. I needed to take a few deep breaths and calm down. Finding out the truth behind the situation had to be my priority as I feared that my jealousy of Rosita may have been clouding my judgement. I was resentful that she was trying to steal Blaire away from me and now Cristiano, they were my friends!

Shaking my thoughts away, I refocused on the situation before me.

Cristiano and Rosita seemed to be in a heated argument. He angrily pulled his hand away from hers. The both of them were so caught up in their dispute that they did not notice Blaire and I had entered the diner until we stood next to them.

"There's nothing you can do about the situation, Cristiano. He's coming to meet me here," Rosita said.

"I don't know why I listened to you and came out here in the first place. I should have known that you were just lying again! I told you, Rosita, I'm not interested..." Cristiano's words died as he suddenly noticed us standing next to their table. "Jade! What are you doing here?"

Raising an eyebrow, I watched as his face went from serious to panic-stricken in a few short seconds, his eyes widening with what I could only describe as fear.

Cristiano suddenly stood and gipped my upper arm, "Where's Jee-min?"

"See, Cristiano. I told you I wasn't lying! I told you Jade would be here!" Rosita said with a triumphant smile.

Frowning at his firm hold, I exclaimed, "What the fuck? Let go, you're hurting me!"

His hold on me slackened a bit.

Not wasting any time, I then fired off a series of questions, "Are you ok? Where have you been? Why haven't you been returning our calls? Why are you even here with Rosita? Is she really your girlfriend? What did we do for you to be ignoring us?"

"Why are you laughing? Who the hell are you calling?" Blaire asked as she eyed Rosita suspiciously.

"It's hard to explain, Jade," Cristiano replied releasing my hand fully now. His eyes scanned towards the door, "I was really busy just trying to sort some things, you wouldn't understand, I- I needed a break from everyone," he said while shaking his head, "look, you need to leave, right now!"