Pride and Patience

Y/n stares ahead in awe, her eyes taking in the large mountains covered in white blankets of snow and the enormous castle surrounded with little houses.

"That is your kingdom?" She whispers, standing on the edge of the swaying ship.

"It is." Resting next to her, Jimin speaks without averting his gaze away from her pretty face.

They stood on the edge of the deck, staring at the approaching land called Busan. The infamous, highly developed kingdom that belongs to Jimin.

She glances at him. "Everything I heard about it was true. It is so breathtaking."

Jimin hums, leaning to rest his elbow on the edge while he continues to gaze at her. "Breathtaking it is."

"How many days will it take for us to get there?" She questions, her legs rising to balance herself on her tippy toes, her excitement clearly showing.

"One week." He simply answers, not being able to look away.

Her doe eyes turns wide and she snap her head towards him. "One week!"

Jimin muses into chuckles at that. "It is further than it looks."

He finally moves his eyes and straightens to look at his kingdom. "You can not see it, but the land is protected. There is a shield around it that keeps any foreign ships from entering the kingdom. To be able to pass them we have to circle the land and it will take us some time."

Y/n listens to him with her mouth parted in awe. Curiosity ran through her bones. "A shield.. Is it invisible?

"It is buried inside the sea." He turns to her. "Will my love like to see it?"

Y/n could not help but nod eagerly. Jimin smiles, his hand burying itself inside his long velvet coat from where he then pulls out his spyglass.

He ambles towards her and came to stand behind her, making Y/n turn to look front too, confused at his sudden approach.

That is when Jimin's telescope comes into her view when he brings it around her and she tenses up when his chest softly grazes her back.

From the heat of his body and touch, her mind instantly flashes back to yesterday night where they had done something so intimate and her cheeks flush red. It had not even been a kiss, just a touch of two pillowy lips but for her, it was something that mattered much more. No man has ever come this close to her.

After she had pointed out the destination they had been traveling for a whole month to get to last night, the thought of the kiss had left her. Seeing Jimin so excited and happy about finally arriving at his hometown after so long had been so distracting that she threw away the fact that she had her first kiss in the back of her mind.

Up until now no one has her flushing like him with his simplest of acts.

Jimin holds the spyglass in front of her. "Close one eye and gaze around with the other." He whispers right next to her ear and feels her shivers. "Make sure to not blink when you are in front of the lense. The reflection of the sun will irritate your eye." He further explains and Y/n nods, hiding a gulp.

She leaned her head until she was right in front of the lense and does as he had guided. She closes one eye and peaks around the spyglass with another.

She dragged her curious gaze down the sea and it took her a whole minute of wondering eyes before she was able to see something pointy slightly sticking out from inside the sea.

A little gasp leaves her. "I can see it."

Jimin hums softly next to her ear. "What do you see?"