019.

"He's taking me out tonight, I was thinking we could all double date

"He's taking me out tonight, I was thinking we could all double date." Niecey shrugged her shoulders.

"If he taking you out there's no need for me and Colbie to go. Where y'all going?" Santana wrote down the bell ringer into her notes, staring at the active board.

"Girl, Longhorns," she smirked, that was symbolic to the golden ticket for them.

"Oooh," she pursed her lips and smirked at Niecey. "Get it in then suh,"

"Betta' know it. How is Colbie," she spoke in an annoyed tone, just the thought of him made her irritated.

She was holding a grudge against him for messing around with a girl Santana didn't like.

"Colbie, is Colbie," Santana laughed. "We're doing good though, things are smooth right now,"

She smiled down at her paper, reminiscing about her boyfriend. Just being able to say the word boyfriend was surreal to her. They were in the honeymoon phase of their relationship. She was convinced that nothing could go wrong.

"Just the calm before the storm," Niecey preached. "Believe me, I know,"

Santana was just oblivious to it. Simply ignoring that considering her and Colbie were already best friends.

The classroom door swung open, the room was starting to feel a bit out of place. And that was only because Rashawn was late to class, it was beginning to become an everyday thing for him.

He was beginning to not care about the school thing and he was getting more involved in the streets, selling more than weed now.

It had been a month after his visit to Santana's house. Their conversations were limited now and she would be the one initiating the conversation.

"Mr. Locke you are late," Mr. Simmons didn't even need to look away from his computer screen. "It's the third time this week,"

"Okay nigga? You and everybody seen me walk innis muhfucka late. Ain't gotta announce it," Rashawn mugged him and made his way behind Santana. "Lucky I even showed up,"

The class grew silent and Mr. Simmons swallowed his pride for a second. He was just gonna write him a tardy slip and send it up to the office when class ended.

"Okay, can anybody tell me who Marcus Garvey is?" Simmons moved from the computer and stood before the classroom.

"Garvey was a pan africanist who believed that blacks would never be treated equally in America," Santana spoke out before anyone else. "He also started a movement for us to move back to Africa,"

"And we ain't listen, now look at us," Rashawn scoffed.

"You wanna elaborate?" Mr. Simmons crossed his arms and was interested in listening to what the kid had to say.