66: Money

"You don't want to go down that alley," he said, gesturing towards its direction and she blinked at him with those beautiful eyes. Up close, he noticed how the hazel was a little lighter at the base.

She seemed to recognise him but didn't comment or maybe he was just lying to himself. Not everyone knew IDOL. There were 7 billion people in the world after all.

"Why not?" She asked, plump lips moving. Ezra didn't expect that voice to escape her lips. That voice. Good fucking God. It was low, sexy and smooth. Raspy like warm silky chocolate down a metaphorical throat.

The producer in him tingled at her voice wondering if she sounded as good singing. His cock thought of other less appropriate things, hardening in his jeans. He was usually not so fucking horny. He frowned. What was wrong with him?

"Two of your customers are waiting to pounce on you," he told her pointedly, with a lazy drawl. "And if you don't want to end up in their beds I suggest you head the other direction or let me drive you home."

She froze, staring at him, eyes widening a fraction before frowning cutely. Her lips were plump, juicy enough to rival MinJae's. Maybe even juicier, and he was distracted by them for a second.

Strawberries, plump and red. Inviting and luscious.

"How do I know you're not just interested in getting me in your bed once I'm in your car?" She shot back.

Ezra didn't really think about that. He tried not to let his imagination wander to that thought. But it did and he felt the hints of a blush staining his pale cheeks at the thought of her soaking his cock wet with her cream. Pleasure thrummed in his veins, and his dick twitched, pushing painfully against his fly. It begged to be released.

He'd not done a girl in so long, maybe he was going crazy.

"It's fine," she gave him the universal hand gesture of 'thanks but, no thanks'. "I stay right across the road, it's close enough and I should be able to get there in one piece if I run."

She shrugged stepping away from him and onto the road looking ready to jaywalk. He caught sight of a beauty mark on her cheek, and for some reason, he was filled with the urge to kiss it.

He turned to look at the shitty building, worn and dilapidated to an almost inhumane extent. It was badly lit, dark and he'd got a bad feeling of the place, especially for such a cutie like her.

It just didn't fit. His stereotypical mind locked that area with druggies, thieves and the like. It also worked on his next course of action.

He turned to ask. "Do you have a driving license?"

"Yes?" She raised a brow at him.

"How about this," he sighed, not very sure why he was going to such extents for this girl. She was cute but a stranger. "You drive."

"Excuse me?"

Her eyes flickered to his car. He knew what she was seeing, money. He bought it to flaunt to people and old colleagues who used to shit on his songs. It was one of the most expensive cars in the market and Ezra used to dream of buying one.

Now, he could buy ten and not bat an eyelash.

"You drive to your house and I'll sit in the backseat." He replied in a low drawl, his eyes shifting towards the alley where the bastards stood. If they all came for her at once, he doubted he could do anything to protect her.

Sure, he could high kick them in the balls but he was trained in dancing, not fist fights. She was quiet for a second, sensing the seriousness of the situation in his voice.

"What if I accidentally crash your car?"

He glanced at it.

"I won't sue you. I bought a new one anyway," he shrugged. He didn't, but he could easily buy a new one or borrow Hikaru's. She seemed to deem his answer acceptable.

"How do I know you won't knock me out in your car?"

"I'll cuff myself to the handle if you want." He pulled open the boot, reaching for the silver cuffs that he knew sit at the back. He dangled them in front of her, the silver glinting in the light of the lamp post.

"You're very sure about this, aren't you?" She huffed staring at him carefully. "I'm not sure why I'm trusting you but okay."

He cracked a small smile, relief flooding his frame. As promised, he handed her the keys and they both climbed into the car. The slam of the door lifted a weight on his shoulders that he didn't know he had.

She reversed out of the corner and drove towards the U-turn. He was quiet as he watched her, all the while admiring her driving skills. She was clearly a little rusty but she was good, her driving was smooth and when she made the turn, the car remained steady.

"Do you drive a lot?" He asked, finally breaking the silence and she smiled. The soft kind that was shy and sweet.

"Back home, I drove my family to work and had ride-hailing jobs for a bit." She replied, then she asked, deeming it acceptable to exchange a question for a question. "Why do you have handcuffs in your car?"

"Sex," he replied bluntly and she raised a brow looking amused. Ezra swallowed. That wasn't a very good answer. "I used to have...A partner. We stopped after he found his soulmate." He sucked in a breath, wondering why he was explaining himself.

He should have just shut the fuck up.

"Do you miss him?" She asked softly. Her knuckles grew white on the steering wheel.

"He didn't leave...She died," he replied and something flashed in her eyes. Understanding? Realisation? Bitterness? He was confused by those feelings and they sent him into deep thought. His eyes were trained upon her face from the mirror, glancing away whenever she noticed. They reached her home and he waited as she moved to stop his car only to curse softly under her breath in English.

The sound was pretty and it sent a rush of delight through his heart. English always seemed to sound a hundred times cooler to him on the tongue of actual native speakers. He liked the way their use of the language was devoid of an obscure oddly pitched accent.

It also didn't hurt that the way she said 'fuck' went all the way to his weeping cock.

"What?" He asked.

"They're at my door." She motioned to the building and sighed. Ezra peeked out of the window, squinting at the floor she pointed at and true enough men were standing there, guards to be exact.

"So you do know that they were after you."

Something bubbled in his chest as he watched her. She knew and she still wanted to go home. Like a rabbit intending to walk right into the trap, she was willing to get eaten.

Eaten.

Anger roared deep in his chest at the thought of some rich bastard fucking her in his hotel suite. At the thought of someone else other than him stealing a taste of her pussy.

Fuck, what was wrong with his head today?

"I do. They've been eyeing me for a while," she hummed softly. "I just wondered when they would have the guts to do shit." She sighed shrugging as if thugs at her door were normal. "Normally, I leave work earlier but I did overtime today. Needed the money." She explained and Ezra realised the truth of her situation.

Money.