THREE

MESS UP, FESS UP
( three. )

━ ❁ ━

SOMETIMES ANDREA FORGETS HOW nice of a person Aaron Ross was. And to be honest, she was a little disappointed when he told her he had to go back to his original compartment. Her pouts and puppy dog eyes won her over another ten minutes of his presence and attention, but Aaron (unfortunately) had to make his way back to the people he promised he'd only be away from for at least twenty minutes. It ended up being two hours and the last thing the couple needed was Samuel Kate barging into the compartment thinking certain things were being done between his little sister and his best friend.

Given that information, Andrea let the man go after making him promise he'd find her at least in the Great Hall if the carriages ended up being too much of a hassle.

Aaron gave her his word, kissed her forehead, and left.

Andrea sunk back in her seat with a happy sigh as the compartment door slid shut gently. She leaned her head back against the cushion behind her (which felt more like a wall than anything) and let a giddy smile make its way on her face.

Alice, Dorcas, and Marlene watched from across from her, the three sharing amused looks with Lily who still sat beside her brunette best friend.

"What?" Andrea chuckled when she finally brought her head up again. Her four friends were staring at her rather intensely, she would've started covering herself if it went on any longer. Thankfully, Alice muttered a quiet, "Nothing," and the other girls agreed with her.

Andrea straightened in her seat. "Really, what?" she asked again, nerves bubbling up in the pit of her stomach.

Dorcas was the first to meet her eyes. "You seem really happy with him, and you deserve that after everything you've been through," she said softly, reaching over to rest her hand on Andrea's knee.

She grinned brightly, overjoyed that her friends liked her boyfriend as much as she did.

Well, maybe not exactly as I do, she thought to herself.

Andrea let her head lean on the large window beside her. She watched the trees around pass by and caught glimpses of creatures making their way through the forest. She let the quiet chatter of her friends and the surprisingly calming thumping of the train lull her off to sleep.

Marlene quickly shushed her friends when she noticed the girl across from her had dozed off.

"You know Andrea can sleep through the apocalypse, right, Marls?" Lily said in her normal voice, not bothering to whisper. Marlene rolled her eyes.

"I know that I just..." she trailed off, wanting to make sure Andrea really was asleep before she continued, "Sirius was acting strange, wasn't he?" she asked.

"He's always acting weird, Marlene, he's Sirius Black," Dorcas replied, drawing out his name.

"No, no, Marlene is right," Lily spoke up. "He was acting stranger than normal." The redhead sat up straight and crossed one leg over the other; a clear sign she meant business. "Do you think we should be worried."

Marlene bit her lip. "I really want to say 'no'," she started. She shared a weary look with her (conscious) friends. "Sirius Black is never caught with the same girl twice."