xxxix.

Thea's POV

I turned the corner of the falcon to run into someone coming out of the restroom. I was about to apologize when I looked up and saw who it was. I smirked.

General Hux was a resistance member. The irony.

"You son of a bitch, you listened to someone for once!" I said excitedly before giving Hux a hug. He chuckled a little before clearing his throat and pulling me away, trying to act like a hardass once again.

"Well, the animal and his friends offered once again, and after your input I decided to take it. Besides, if being apart of the resistance means taking down Kylo Ren and not being dead... it will have to do." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say, rebel," I joked, patting him on the back before walking to the meeting room with the others.

------------

"He killed our parents, and he manipulated Ben from birth, basically killing him as well! I'm going to find Palpatine, and destroy him!" I sneered and they all looked at me cautiously.

"I do too, Thea, but we have to think about this first. You're not acting like yourself, and you and I both know why," Rey stated, but Thea shook her head in denial.

"Rey's right. That doesn't sound like you. And Thea, we know you."

"People keep telling me they know me. That they know Rey. But I'm afraid no one does," I stated before sighing. "Let's just get this over with."

We headed out of the crash-landed Falcon on Kef Bir, and after introductions of Jannah and her group, we made our way to the top of the mountain and overlooked the crashed death star.

"I have to get there. Now," I stated with urgency but Jannah shook her head. 

"We'll have to wait till morning. The current riptide could rip you to shreds in seconds," she explained but I shook my head quickly.

"Till morning?! We don't have that kind of time! I need to get there now!" I raised my voice, and when I saw the looks they gave me I took a breath and tried to calm down.

"Come on, Thea. Let's go work on the ship and then we can go together," Finn tried to reason. I hesitated but slowly nodded.

"Fine," I said through gritted teeth. We all walked down the hill, but Rey stayed behind slightly with me.

"We're not waiting, are we?" Rey asked in concern, knowing full well I had a plan.

"Nope."

Once they were all busy, Rey and I took one of their extra rafts, and hurried to the edge of the water.

"We're really doing this?" Rey asked hesitantly and I snapped my head in her direction. 

"You can stay back if you really want?" She shook her head.