Chapter 7: Antonio Summers

"Dakota! Hi!"

I make my way through the thick crowd of some of my favorite people in the world and lay my eyes upon the most beautiful woman in the world. She turns to me, her platinum blonde wavy from the hot air blowing outside. 

Her gorgeous gray eyes find my intensely dark brown ones, and I see a happy grin spread across her lips. I think my heart might burst out of my chest. I have got to be the luckiest man on this earth. 

I told the local librarian, Jane, that I was hoping this was a date, thinking she would pass it on to Dakota. I don't know if she did, but regardless, she showed up.

When I got the call early today, I was terrified to answer it. Vegas was the one who pushed me to answer it. I was just so scared that she would be canceling on me. 

I wouldn't want her to feel forced to go on a date with me whether it was romantic or not, that's not what I'm saying, but I would have been extremely dejected if she didn't want to. 

It's been a long time since we've seen each other and had a deep conversation, but I don't think what I thought were childish feelings ever went away. She's got a hold on my mind for some reason. A reason besides her obvious and incomprehensible outside beauty.

Without thinking, I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her toward me in a tight hug. She tenses for a second as she figures out what to do, and just as I try to yank myself away in embarrassment, she wraps her arms around my shoulders and tugs me closer. 

Fuck, I am one hundred percent sure that she knows how fast my heart is beating right now. This is the best hug I've ever gotten, but this isn't going the way I wanted this to at all. I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable; it was never my intention.

After another moment, she breaks from my grasp, slowly peeling herself out of my arms.

"Hi, Poison."

"I'm sorry about that chaos and everything. I didn't think there would be a Star Wars reenactment happening right now."

"Oh my gosh, I love it. I love children."

"Me too. These four are good company since I don't want my own."

I am a dumbass.

"Oh. Uh, yeah, I've never wanted children, but I do love spending limited time with them."

This is why my MC brothers always tell me to 'shut the fuck up.'

I have to change the topic, now.

"You hungry?"

"Yes! I haven't eaten all day."

"We should get you something. Let's sit."

"Anywhere is okay?"

"For sure. I was thinking of that empty corner booth."

I point to a mostly empty and quiet corner in the back of the bar which could provide us a little bit of privacy among the craziness. As much as I love everybody that I spend almost every day with, sometimes you just need quiet time. 

It would have been smarter if we met up somewhere else, pretty much anywhere besides the MC bar, but I guess it's too late now. And if I were to judge by the cheesy smile on Dakota's face as we make our way to our seats, she doesn't seem to mind. 

The opposite actually, she seems to be enjoying it.

I'm about to sit in the booth across from her, but she tugs my arm to sit next to her.