12 |

🖤 Please vote and comment 🖤

I'm shaking.

Fear and astonishment fill me to a point where I feel like I'm going to boil over.

I blink several times before I can focus on what is in front of me. The other man is gone, and he seemingly vanished into thin air. I stare at Klayton and instinctively try to take a step backward.
However, my legs seem to be frozen in place. As if my body hasn't been able to process the wild thoughts running through my head.

Holy fuck he's a wolf.

My head is pounding so hard a headache begins to form. Tears threaten to pour down my cheeks as every rule of nature I have known begins to crumble at once.

Klayton is careful not to approach me.

I think he could see the gears turning in my head, and was unsure of what to do next. He almost looked pained as he watches me carefully, aiming to read my racing thoughts.

At this point, I wasn't sure if I should run or stay. I know if I do the former, I will be chased, outran—I'd be asking to be caught.

Wolves love the chase.

I shiver involuntarily.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Klayton's melodic voice even carries the pain he expresses, like just wants me to believe him.

I notice finally that tears have started to dribble down my cheeks. My fingers brush against the warm liquid flowing down my cheeks.

I was petrified but also intrigued at this entire scenario. I feel like I've been living in the dark my entire life; living in a world that is a lie. My mind wanted me to question everything, I wanted to find the flaw so I could prove that this whole thing was a hoax.

"Adira..." Klayton takes a cautious step forward and I hold my ground. I look him right in the eyes, my body fighting the urge to look lower— to submit. I wanted him to think that I was strong, even though it felt like my world was shattering.

His dark eyes were trained on my hazel ones, unwavering. He was trying to figure out what I was feeling. I could feel his penetrating gaze search my entire face for a clue. However, I wasn't ready to let him in yet, and I let my face remain impassive, almost stone cold.

The only indication of emotion being my last falling tear. It seemed like hours before either one of us spoke and I chose my first words very carefully.

"Can I go home please?"

Klayton's eyes turned even darker and for the first time, I didn't find it appealing.

I was downright terrified.

My body allowed me to back away this time. My slight gasp gave away my fright I tried to conceal from him. This quickly registered in his mind and he took a tentative step back. I watched as he raised his arms up in surrender, a defeat, and his muscles rippled during the movement.

It reminded me that I was standing in front of my very naked werewolf professor.

Heat re-entered my cheeks and spread to other areas of my body. My flustered state only intensified as his voice reached my ears.

"Of course you can. I'll take you."

This time I didn't argue. He opened the door of his truck for me, but I refused his hand and hoisted my short frame up into the seat. He grabbed sweatpants out of the backseat and slid them on.

At least I'll be able to focus better now.

As he started the engine, we both sank into our seats. It was obvious that both of us were utterly defeated. Neither of us knew how to approach this situation. The ride was short and quiet.