Part 11: Tired

Sarah's POV

"Oh we're gonna be okay... we will be okay without Dada." I smiled softly looking into Tatum's eyes. We don't often get eye contact, her eyes are always wondering around. Looking at everything. I let her down and she ran off to the couch to play, I went back to finishing dinner.

"Bbbbbb," Tatum sang, I laughed.

"You're your daddy's girl at heart.." I smiled looking at her; she looked at me.

"Eat." She signed, one of the handful of signs we get from her often. Eat, bed, music, bathroom, and go.

"We will, love." I smiled, she giggled and ran around the living room flapping her hands.

Tatum and I have had a strange relationship. She's a daddy's girl through and through but she spends so much time with me. She has spend every day of her life with me actually, you know people tell you that one day your child starts independence but Tatum hasn't. She can play alone in her room but that's really it. That's the hard thing. I see my friend's kids playing at the park with other kids, going on play dates, or sleeping over at grandma and grandpas. But she has no interest in other kids and loses her mind if she's with anyone other than; Brendon, Zack, Kala, or me. She hasn't had a normal childhood and might not ever. I know she loves me, I know that, but she rarely shows affection to me. Brendon gets hugs and cuddles sometimes, she likes when Zack holds her, and she lets me hold her but she always seems so occupied when she's with me.

Pulling myself out of thought, I started putting dinner on plates and setting the table. Tatum played with her back to me lightly humming to herself. Something we've all grown to adore; her sounds. Something she probably doesn't think we can hear, but we can and we love it. I grabbed two cups; putting water in mine, then putting some apple juice and water in Tatum's. I put them on the counter and turned around to call Tatum. We usually eat at the counter when Brendon isn't home, it's just easier. We've learned to keep this very predictable for her. She sure doesn't like surprises in her day.

"T," I called facing the den where she was playing, she sat with her back to me playing.

"Hey love..." I smiled tapper her shoulder waiting for her to turn. She looked at me with blood running down her face. I jumped back picking her up and taking her to the kitchen sink.

"What happened?!" I called grabbing paper towels and trying to figure out where she was bleeding from. I thought it was a bloody nose but then I found a cut on her forehead that was bleeding.

"Tatum.... what happened?" I found myself crying, I was right there and she got hurt. I didn't know.

I grabbed my phone from the counter and quickly called Kala to help me out. I don't want to call an ambulance but I can't leave my kid bleeding in her car seat well I drive.

"Hey Sarah, what's up?" She asked softly and light. I sighed.

"Uh I need help, Tatum did something and I think she needs stitches. B left a couple hours ago with Zack. I have no clue how you did this?" I explained quickly sighing at the end.

"Oh holy crap I'll be there in 10 minutes, hang tight." She responded. We ended the call, I pulled over a chair and sat down then bringing Tat to my lap holding a paper towel against the cut on her forehead. It's going to be a long night. I thought opening my phone to text Brendon about the event of the evening.

Sarah: Going to the ER, T cut her head open somehow. Kay is coming to get us. I'll keep you updated.

"I wish you could just tell me what happen," I sighed hugging her to my chest. This is strangely normal for us, things happening and us not know much.

"What goes on in your pretty little head? Huh love? What do you think about?" I sighed slightly in defeat but also because I'm just tired.

—————————
Hi friends! Happy quarantine to most of you, I too am stuck in the house. I hope I can get the next chapter out soon, I just get too critical of my work so it takes me a little but I like this chapter a lot. Please drop a star/ like / favorite thing I always get giddy to see those. It's crazy that people read my stuff. THANK YOU!